Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was lucky enough to get my 3 MS bucks from the same tree again this year. 3 8s which are the first 3 pics. That's 3 years in a row that I've limited from this one tree. Buddy came and hunted a couple days and I put him in a spot that I walk past going to my stand but that I've always liked and he got a 17.5" wide heavy 7 which is his best so far and is the 4th pic. Dad also got a 9 and 8, brother 2 8s and a 7, and sister in law an 11 and a 7 but I don't have pics of those. Not the best year we've bad but far far from the worst.

·
Banned
3,674 Posts
Some nice looking animals; especially for public land. Reductions in the number of bucks and restrictions on rack sizes work wonders for the age structure and the result is bigger racks.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Nice bucks! Can I get in line or take a number to sit in that tree?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Where's this tree?? Nice deer.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Nice bucks! Can I get in line or take a number to sit in that tree?
Maybe he can just cut off a limb and send it to me.

To the OP. Just curious what the draw is for that spot. Does it lead to a bedding area or something? Very nice deer.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a natural funnel. Spot isn't that good early season unless dogs are running as there isn't much food or cover very close but when they start cruising and chasing it gets better. Funnel pinches down from over a mile of woods on each side to only about 200 yards wide at my stand.

·
Super Moderator
28,621 Posts
Dang sure doing something right!!!! Fine looking bucks!!!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Few more. First 2 are the other 2 from the year I killed the 19.5" wide one in the older thread. They weren't actually from that tree but they were right there really close which led me to the spot I'm in now. The rest are some from my dad brother and sister in law. Not all of their just the few I have pics of.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts