Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seed has been in the ground approximately two weeks and I wanted it to get up about 5 - 6 inches before I hit it with fertilizer. It is no where near that now. After checking this camera, I'm not sure the deer will let this little field get there, without some help.

Fertilize before this rain or hold off?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I would hold off too. You may want to look at putting some milorganite fertilizer down if for nothing else to keep deer off for a couple of weeks to let it get established. Having too many deer is a good problem to have though.

·
Registered
10,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad ya'll said that, I sure don't want to spread fertilizer. Haven't gotten over planting yet.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
29,873 Posts
I got a small check back from my buys at Florala coop. They have some type of rewards program I guess....Next year gonna spend a bit more to fertilize/lime. They let ya use the spreader wagons and do the soil testing fer ya....

·
Registered
1 Posts
It seems that nothing is surprising in the fact that nothing has been growing in your fields for two years. Deer eat all the sprouts. You need to somehow fence off your field so that the deer do not penetrate there. After that, it will be possible to think about fertilizers.
I buy fertilizers for my plants on https://www.growgardener.com/the-5-best-fertilizers-for-beautiful-knockout-roses/. I think that on this site you will also be able to find something suitable for your plants. I wish you good luck.

·
Bearded Brotula
14,955 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts