Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever have a warranty claim with Fenwick?

I have an HMX I got as a gift Christmas of 2017 and the reel seat came unglued yesterday. I'll be looking for receipts or proof of purchase when I get home but I was curious if anyone had filed a claim with them before and how the process went.

It's only an $80 rod but if the process is as simple as Costa I'll go ahead and send it in.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I have 3 Fenwick rods, like all of them. However, two of them have had the reel seat fail. Epoxied one successfully that I had purchased off someone. Then sent one in and they sent me back a different rod because the old one was discontinued, but the action was completely different. I wish they'd get a handle on these reel seat failures...

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I've got a couple that are 20+ years old...Fenwich has changed models a few times since them. Have a problem, tube it up and send in with receipt. I've sent in broken guides and even a pole that snapped while casting.

Always get a brand new rod back but the new models are never as good as the old models.

·
Bearded Brotula
11,784 Posts
I have 3 Fenwick rods, like all of them. However, two of them have had the reel seat fail. Epoxied one successfully that I had purchased off someone. Then sent one in and they sent me back a different rod because the old one was discontinued, but the action was completely different. I wish they'd get a handle on these reel seat failures...
Was that the one you bought from me?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Was that the one you bought from me?
The one that I successfully epoxied I got from you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts