Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best place to buy seed for food plots in the pcola area ?? Thanks !!

·
Registered
687 Posts
Walnut Hill Grain Elevator will sell oats,rye, wheat & fertilizer mixed in a spreader that you can pull with a truck @ .19 per lb = 400 lb per acre = $76.00 best deal around, just planted 6 acre worth for 428.00. This is the last weekend to plant unless you do not bow hunt. Don't miss out ( bow huntting). Good luck.

·
Registered
687 Posts
not 13-13-13 alot better, it looks like tiny pearls, they say it will grow anything, after 4 tons of lime that we put out a month ago.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
If you are wanting to spread it yourself you can try Penton Farm Supply in Allentown, they are really cheap for what you are wanting. If you are wanting to Have it planted and you dont have to worry about getting everything my father in law works for Crop Production in Jay and they will spread seed/fertiilzer mix for you. All you have to do is disk it in. They do all the food plots for Cedear Creek Timber hunting club in Brewton. They do a lot of food plots around the area, from Baker up to Evergreen, to Urie(i think that is how you spell it. Just give them a call they are in the phone book. They also do fertilizer spreading, gypsum, lime, damn near anything that you want spread they will do it for you. Request John Hart spread it for you.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Just wanted to see if anybody else had anymore info on where they by there seed at, for food plots. i.e. ( Grain Sorghum,Cowpeas,Lablab,Oats,Crimson Clover). I did a search and this was the only thing that I found.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
one big one (10/4/2007)not 13-13-13 alot better, it looks like tiny pearls, they say it will grow anything, after 4 tons of lime that we put out a month ago.

Bill where did you get the lime and what did it cost per ton? Thanks.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I 2nd using Escambia Grain in Walnut hill. Its a little out of the way for me, but Ed is a stand up guy and has always taken care of me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts