Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you guys have not tried Pline, I can tell you I highly recommend it. This stuff is incredibly strong. It is thin and has little to no memory. I just spooled my new inshore set up with 12# clear. Nearly took an entire 300 yd spool of new line.
I know a lot of you use braid but I prefer mono on my inshore spinning reels.
Try a spool you will love it. I have no affiliation with them. I started using it when my brother sent me some. He got it from Billy Murray (2 time bass master classic winner). He and Steve fish together a lot as well as his brother Bobby Murray. I may have them mixed up.
Anyway I hope some of you try this line, here it is on my new set-up.
Shimano Stradic Ci4, 4000
Star 7’6” Seagis
F45916AA-17ED-4994-A982-9D63F786C600.jpeg
DE289394-2572-460D-8640-9F488E875D40.jpeg
2231B59C-9CF6-45B7-8386-1062442E65DC.jpeg
4675A620-4A43-4F90-A3DB-4C3104641149.jpeg

·
Registered
253 Posts
If you guys have not tried Pline, I can tell you I highly recommend it. This stuff is incredibly strong. It is thin and has little to no memory. I just spooled my new inshore set up with 12# clear. Nearly took an entire 300 yd spool of new line.
I know a lot of you use braid but I prefer mono on my inshore spinning reels.
Try a spool you will love it. I have no affiliation with them. I started using it when my brother sent me some. He got it from Billy Murray (2 time bass master classic winner). He and Steve fish together a lot as well as his brother Bobby Murray. I may have them mixed up.
Anyway I hope some of you try this line, here it is on my new set-up.
Shimano Stradic Ci4, 4000
Star 7’6” Seagis View attachment 1070227 View attachment 1070228 View attachment 1070229 View attachment 1070230
Keep your drag washers greased, hard to find, nobody stocks them from what I was told, because Shimano changes them so often....

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
pline has so many different flouro offerings ...do you think you have the best they have for your situation...?
Also that must be thin line because a stradic 4000 should only hold 160yds of 12lb mono.....

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pline has so many different flouro offerings ...do you think you have the best they have for your situation...?
Also that must be thin line because a stradic 4000 should only hold 160yds of 12lb mono.....
Pline is super thin and limber. 12# line is .0124”
Twelve thousandths of an inch. However it is very strong.
I have tried several versions of the line and I like 12# on my inshore rigs. I have used the moss green as well as clear. I cannot tell that there is any difference, other than color. Its virtually invisible in the water.
I’ve also used the Cx premium. It has less stretch. I did not like it as well.

·
Center Mass at 300m
2,138 Posts
Ask anyone that ever fished with me and they'll tell you I use the cheapest crap at Wally or BassPro. The BP Excel is actually very good line and in bulk.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Ask anyone that ever fished with me and they'll tell you I use the cheapest crap at Wally or BassPro. The BP Excel is actually very good line and in bulk.
He is correct, that he is cheap. However, that BPS Excel is awesome. A five pound spool will last years and is super tough for all my mono needs which isn’t much now a days. Braid to fluorocarbon.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
I use the PLine flouroclear 4 or 6# for my ultralight outfits, it’s great line, very limp and will help your casting distance on very light lures. I haven’t tried it on my larger reels, I’ve been using Hi-seas Black Widow in 12 or 16#, Pompano Joe sold me a reel a while back that had it loaded and I had to call him and ask what it was because I was so impressed with it. Also very limp and low memory, very abrasion resistant.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts