Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's your favorite fishing music and why OR do you prefer to listen to the "fight" and the rolling seas instead?

Since I was younger, one of my favs have been two specific songs:
Rock You Like a Hurricane - Scorpions
Black Water - Doobie Brothers

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
no music on the boat while fishing, I enjoy the rolling waves and the sound of nature.. and screaming drags.

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
We like Zac Brown, classic rock, or whatever 96.1 is playing usually.
I don't like to play music while we fish unless we are trolling.
Sharks like Bruce Springsteen we have found.

·
eating tasty
3,923 Posts
I normally don't listen to music at all out there, but when the bite gets slow, we'll turn on some of that garbage crap pop "country" to fire up the bite. We all hate it, but I swear, the minute a Taylor Swift song comes on the fish go crazy committing suicide on the end of our lines! I am 100% serious.

·
Banned
552 Posts
The boat is a crazy busy place, and I like for the whole crew to be focused on the fishing action, so we don't play any music when we're fishing. Boating fish at a rate above 15 fish per hour like we've done twice this week requires everyone to aware of everything happening and the crew to be working like a well oiled machine. There's nothing like the sound of screaming drags, but all the subtle details like a small fish on or lines that are too close to each other, or a hint of pulling some weeds along on a trolled lure are all important, and the more quickly they are tended to, the better the action can be. Yesterday, we fished six rods, and we had a hard time keeping more than four lines in the water much of the time because the fishing was so hot. Even on the slower days, attention to the details is key to success: lines need to be kept baited, trolled lures need to be kept weed free and everyone needs to spring into action when suddenly three big fish all hit at once.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts