Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
At the fly, I always tie a non-slip loop knot, except for big stuff, then I tie a figure 8 tarpon loop knot.
I think the loops give the fly a lot more action on your retrieve.
L8, Harry

·
Squid technician
10,506 Posts
I also use a non slip loop

·
Registered
673 Posts
I like a Rapala knot when I want a loop to fly, Dbl surgeon loop for a loop to loop leader to fly line, blood knots for building leaders, and a dbl Surgeon for tippet, I think a clinch sucks! I used the improved clinch for ever, but gave it up for a Davey it is a fast strong easy tie, for a big eye do the last step of the Davey twice, this is a great knot and strong w/a small profile :yes:

Anybody catching those Pompano yet, Destin had the water temp at 71 this morning? I went out yesterday morning and caught one sm lady and a hard tail in the surf, saw a few mullet passing by, very slow.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Thanks to Flylipps I use the loop knot for pretty much everything now (unless I'm back up north where I'm using 5x- and can't afford the loop w/ the small fly). It allows the fly/lure to move more naturally and I've never lost a fish because of this knot and that includes big AJ's on my trevali jigging rods w/ 80lb braid. Slight variation from the pic below is that I pass the tag end back through the main loop.

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,527 Posts
I use this knot for a loop knot. Easy to tie. I have not lost a fish, but if I were tourney fishing I'd probably pick the one above.

This one works well, and it pretty weedless.

Jim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts