Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
As far as enjoying catching a fish, it would have to be a bass, teasing them like a cat with my lure. But I cant believe you dont have sharks on your poll, nothing like a all out tug of war on the beach with a monster shark.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Can I make a nomination for tripletail? Fun site fishing and tasty!

·
Registered
456 Posts
I was the youngest to complete the royal slam until last year a 18 year old girl completed hers, then a 11 year old boy completed his this year. Good choice on Tropic Star, that is where I caught that one. In that one day we caught 3 blacks and two sails. The last black of the day we were hoping it was a blue, to complete a pacific slam.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Billcollector (11/29/2009)I was the youngest to complete the royal slam until last year a 18 year old girl completed hers, then a 11 year old boy completed his this year. Good choice on Tropic Star, that is where I caught that one. In that one day we caught 3 blacks and two sails. The last black of the day we were hoping it was a blue, to complete a pacific slam.
I need a day like that. But yeah man i hope he gets it. I hope to be on that list one day.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I would love to go back but it seems like since we went down there the bite has not been as consistent throughout the season, but fewer days of immense numbers of billfish.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Billcollector (11/29/2009)I would love to go back but it seems like since we went down there the bite has not been as consistent throughout the season, but fewer days of immense numbers of billfish.
Yeah he was telling me that one week in later January is supposed to be the best week on average....?? I would love to get down there but man that is a high dollar trip. I need to start feeding the piggy bank.

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Can't pick one but definitely 2.

Inshore, hands down the Tarpon is the baddest SOB to me.

Offshore, Swordfish hit the top of my list

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have fished for it all and crappie for a smaller species fight just as hard as larger species and with ultra light tacle its a blast u cant beat. Not to mention best damn eating fish by far.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I have been lucky enough to catch some fun fish including sailfish (from a bass boat) in Destin, Marlin in Hawaii, Tarpon in Key West. My 2 favorite fish to catch today are:

Redfish when you can take a kid or old coot out and let them catch the biggest fish of their life.

Bream and carp- with my grandchildren off our pier at Lake Weiss.

I really don't care if I catch any more fish, but I really enjoy creating memories for me and my kiddos! I can't wait until My grandkids are big enough to reel in a big Redfish!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I picked Redfish because of the many ways and different places they can be caught. However, I've only caught 7 on the species listed. I feel sure my answer would change if could go after billfish, wahoo, tuna or dauplin.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
AwarmAprildayin the towerwhere you get to see & catch multiple Cobes tops my list for sure!!! I'm still waiting on 1 >60# & hopefully someday I'll get that elusive triple digit fish & then maybe I'll "get over 'em"...

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
REEL STAMAS (11/30/2009)AwarmAprildayin the towerwhere you get to see & catch multiple Cobes tops my list for sure!!! I'm still waiting on 1<60# & hopefully someday I'll get that elusive triple digit fish & then maybe I'll "get over 'em"...
You want one bigger than 60 right?

21 - 40 of 40 Posts