Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking through my tackle trays and was amazed at how many different colors of artificial baits i have collected over the years. It seems though no matter how many different colors i carry with me, i have a few basic combinations i always end up using. When targeting redfish and trout, what are your favorite colors and how does the weather (cloudy/sunny) factor in.

·
Registered
55 Posts
neon green w/ silver flake on clear water days.

dark blue w/ silver flake on darker days.

all time fave: electric chicken soft baits treat me well

·
Your mom's a
6,790 Posts
VS200B (12/30/2007)dark green w/ red flake...

that's the money color:bowdown

Only if you want to catch reds, trout, bass, tarpon ummmm bluefish, ladyfish ...

Then yeah, it might work.

·
Super Moderator
12,800 Posts
JoeZ (12/30/2007)
VS200B (12/30/2007)dark green w/ red flake...

that's the money color:bowdown

Only if you want to catch reds, trout, bass, tarpon ummmm bluefish, ladyfish ...

Then yeah, it might work.
those are trash fish :poke

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
Dragging stretches,red/white has always been productive but the blue/silver has really been good to me for reds(prior to this past spring) Top water plugs,pins minnows work well for trout and reds in green/silver. I think the silver belly has been the key no matter what gets casted or trolled around due to the flashyness(is that a word?)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the information, i personally have had luck with white/chartreuse, smelt colored, and motor oil colored with flake. I will have to give the dark green/ red flake a try.

Nick

·
Praedator
10,048 Posts
bonita dan (12/31/2007)Dragging stretches,red/white has always been productive but the blue/silver has really been good to me for reds(prior to this past spring) I think the silver belly has been the key no matter what gets casted or trolled around due to the flashyness(is that a word?)
I have got most of my recent bull reds in the pass on my jointed blue top, silver bottom stretch. But the last few trips trolling, have not produced. Where did all the bull reds go??? Usually in the December, January months I can slay some bull reds in the pass. But they have been a little scarce for me when I have went out recently.

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
Knot a Yacht (1/3/2008)
bonita dan (12/31/2007)Dragging stretches,red/white has always been productive but the blue/silver has really been good to me for reds(prior to this past spring) I think the silver belly has been the key no matter what gets casted or trolled around due to the flashyness(is that a word?)
I have got most of my recent bull reds in the pass on my jointed blue top, silver bottom stretch. But the last few trips trolling, have not produced. Where did all the bull reds go??? Usually in the December, January months I can slay some bull reds in the pass. But they have been a little scarce for me when I have went out recently.
Can't answer that Jon,sorry. Been a while since i been out doing my own thing:banghead Hopefully by the end of the month I can contribute more on where and how the fish are caught but till then:mmmbeer and reading.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I dont fish for trout much anymore but when I lived in Panama City we would tear them up on a white grub with a pink swirly tail.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Summer and clear water------clear or near clear.

Winter and clear to semi-clear--------clear/red metal flake ( the true money color ).:poke

This is trout fishing.Flounder will eat damn near any color.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Lighter colors on bright days, darker days darker colors.

I have a tendency to fish whites, yellows, bright greens on sunny days.

Darker grays, greens on darker or overcast days.

I fish gold and silver any time.

Its all a matter of what you have confidence with.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts