Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalltxt vAlign=top><SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl1_lblFullMessage>What are some of your favorite recipes for chum ? I am fairly new to the saltwater fishing scene but spent MANY years slaying cats, bass, and crappie and the best chum I have EVER seen was ground up corn maze, placed in a five gallon bucket with strawberry bannanna instant jello, add water then place out in the sun for about 4 or five days, NEVER EVER EVER open it untill you get to your fishing hole, WHEWWWWWWWWWWWWW, stinks to high heaven, then get to your hole stab bucket about fifty times with an icepick weight her down and drop, come back about 8 hours later and TEAR the fish up !!!!!!!!!!!!!

<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl1_lblPostSignature>"CCC" (Can't Catch Crap) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Banned
2,215 Posts
get a 5 gallon bucket to start and grind up a bunch of fresh menhaden or lys, add a gallon of menhaden oil, a couple handfulls of glass minnows, and sand.

get some rubber gloves on and start making the mixture into balls and set in the sun to dry for several hours.

once you get where you want to fish start throwing in the balls.

·
Banned
2,215 Posts
:sick but very true

oh another thing to do, if u watch a king or cuda, butterfly his ass and tie a rope through his gill plate and hang over into the water

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I like to use rice. a great big bag, barely covered with water,mixed with a whole container of garlic powder, and pour in some milk to boot. Let it sit in the hot sun for 2-3 weeks.

Works great for catfish and mullet. Stinks so bad that you can hardly ride in the boat with it. Once it starts fermenting, don't use it all at once. Add some rice back to it to replace what you take out, and it will have chum ready whenever you need some...

If the flies get in it (which they should not, because you really need to do this in a tote tub with a good lid) the maggots will entice even more baitfish which will in turn entice your big fish.

I watched a swarm of bluegill devour some maggots like pirranha one day. Dump some overboard and watch the carnage ensue...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts