Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was hot as hell, but we had a good time.

First lady fish? Fun to catch

First Pigfish? Looks a lot like a pinfish. I googled them and seems they make good speck bait.

I catch these things more than I care to mention. God they are ugly. Rockfish? Got some mean snappers on them

My first flattie, undersized and returned. I was stoked. Caught in 23 ft of water, two splitshots, 4/0 circle hook, live shrimp.

Dads first speck, man what a blast to catch. Caught on live shrimp with a crappy orange cork the kind you find 5 for a buck or something like that.

Went wading for flounder , didnt see a one. Wasnt sure what the hell we were doing so we waded sandy areas and grassy areas.Had ourfirst sting ray encounter while wading at night. Damn thing must have been three feet long. Crappy cell phone pic at night.

Lots of blue crabs hiding out in the grass

While were there saw lots of wild life... squirrels, lizards of all kinds, coyotes( I think ). Here is one of our friendly campsite visitors.

Dad, hard at it. As you can tell he is having a horrible time.

I like trees and beer. This was a great tree, it kept calling my name. I resisted but in the end the tree won.

Was the first time Dad and I had been camping in about 30 years. As you can tell, we had a horrible time :)

Planned on cooking out, but we caught nothing we could keep. Good thing Winn Dixie Deli was right around the corner.Yummy.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Choppedliver, that's a fantastic post &
story and illustrations of what fishing is really all about to me.. I loved the shot of your Dad crashed with the cell phone laying there, like it was intentionally cast aside not to bother! Ha! Classic post! These are my boatin/fishing girls at Bayview.

enjoy!!

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
todd in the bay (7/12/2009)Choppedliver, that's a fantastic post &
story and illustrations of what fishing is really all about to me.. I loved the shot of your Dad crashed with the cell phone laying there, like it was intentionally cast aside not to bother! Ha! Classic post! These are my boatin/fishing girls at Bayview.

enjoy!!
Well he got it wet while launching the boat so it was dead the whole time and mine had low battery. We were with no cell phones and it was great!!!! Gorgeous dogs! Are they some kind of spaniel? My girlfriend has golden retrievers which are breeds with spaniel in them

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Looks like a great weekend I haven't been camping in forever but I think that convinced me to go for it again! Great post and glad yall had a good time

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm not sure what those are for sure... I like to tell people I'm fishing with that they are called 'Caribean Thumb-Crunchers'! Be careful of that mouth, pal! hehehe

I'd like to know what it is too!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Toad fish, Lizard fish, Oyster fish, Them there are called by many names, but they are all ugly as homemade sin! Kinda skinny, but all the same Ugly! If you're catching them, you are probably going to catch reds, black drum, and sheepshead, they all are eating the same stuff, and they like pylons, and oyster beds!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts