Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This trip was my 5th trip with Capt Delynn out the last six years. Once again, he did not disappoint! This trip was booked well in advance and I was on pins and needles praying for a good weather window. My best friend and his two boys (16 and 15 yrs old) were coming in from Texas and we only had one day to fish. Needless to say mother nature blessed us with an awesome day. So, off we headed with Keith, Cody, Ryan, my two boys and me. Delynn said that the current had been ripping over the last week and bottom fishing has been tough. He decided that we should work on getting a nice box snapper first and then we would work on some scamp. We pulled up to the first spot and it was game on! First snapper in the boat went 22lbs. Shortly there after we had 7 really big snapper in the boat. Another highlight of this spot was that my son Brody (13yrs old) caught his first AJ. He told me before we left that he wanted to feel the fight of AJ and that he had feeling he would catch one. Well he sure did! Check out the smile on his face. We made one more stop for snapper and limited out on the second spot with 5 snappers that looked like quadruplets as they all weighed in the 18lb range. We then headed off to deep water and over the next 5hrs managed a very nice box of Scamp,Yellowmouth, Gag and Red grouper with some mongos thrown in as well. It is always a pleasure to fish with Capt Delynn. Not only is extremely knowledgeable about fishing he is genuinely nice guy. He made our kids feel like rock stars all day and had patience with the two old guys as well. Thanks again for another awesome trip!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Capt Delynn must have bottom fish on his payroll, every report is nothing but exceptional and all have a great time. Great work guys. Maybe one day I will get a chance to fish with the Capt, tried but he is solidly booked.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Very nice box of fish! Captain Delynn does a great job, he starts taking bookings on Jan 1. Don't wait long past that to call or he is booked for the year.

·
Super Moderator
28,385 Posts
Dang good to hear all the stars lined up fer ya'll!!! Got a god mess of fish and probably best time them boys have ever had!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts