Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Launched today at 3:45 in the chocolate milk. Found some trout nothing great but they were in the lower part with the lower temps. After my third trout I hooked up with this stupid thing on my 12 lb test line and my 2 1/2" jerk bait. Fought it into the night until finally landed it. It swam off but not the strongest. Kinda feel ashamed I fought it so long. It is my personal best inshore/kayak red. But I don't know the length.... wish I would carry a larger measuring stick. If any PA owners would like to help me estimate the length I wouldn't mind. I have idea + or - a few inches but would like some input.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,516 Posts
Measure that hatch lid, then x4 it looks like.... No sweat about it swimming off a little weak, they are resilient and plentiful!

·
Make it a Grady Day.
2,784 Posts
nice catch. you could always get a piece of mono and put marks on it with permanent marker. You could probably do the same with your net handle.

catch 'em up.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
The avg. male hand measures about 7-1/2" from base of palm to longest finger tip, use that.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
on your H rail make a few marks.

Sit in your kayak while doing this so you'll be able to reach your marks.

Make a "0" mark, then 12", 15", 18", 20", 27".

They won't be legal marks, but it'll at least let you know if your flounder, trout, or red fish was in the slot. Just use a sharpie to make your marks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts