Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Amberjack, Snapper, other GOM Fish and of course Sharks….There are a couple trips here, with the calm water we have been having, I know its spoiling me…..I hope you enjoy the Pics and Video.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Film well done. I'm really impressed by the power your clients bring to the table. Even the women. No harness...just arm power. Just curious why they aren't using a harness? What wiring gloves do you use?
Thanks, Technique. A lot of the time, the person on the "non'fish" end of the line fights the rod more than they are fighting the fish.... besides these weren't "harness-worthy" sharks. The best one here was pushing 150Lbs. Gloves, nothing special, I use those gloves from Lowes/Home Depot that sell for about $1.80 a pair..... Regular yard gloves. As a matter of fact, one of the fellas asked my Son, (He was on the last trip with me) how do you know its a "Harness-worthy" shark. His response was "You'll know....." There's several videos on the YouTube channel that the folks have the harness on....

·
Banned
3,674 Posts
Well, I'll take your word for it. The girl in the photo with her brow knitted and someone holding the rod further up, sure looks like she would appreciate a belt and harness even though none of the men think it is 'belt worthy'. Guess I'm just soft. I use a belt and/or harness for anything larger than a calm baitfish.

Just kidding. I did catch a bunch of small Black Marlin, last week, and I didn't use a belt or harness but when stuff takes more than fifteen minutes, I'm going for the belt. I don't like the bruises.

·
Registered
9,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I'll take your word for it. The girl in the photo with her brow knitted and someone holding the rod further up, sure looks like she would appreciate a belt and harness even though none of the men think it is 'belt worthy'. Guess I'm just soft. I use a belt and/or harness for anything larger than a calm baitfish.

Just kidding. I did catch a bunch of small Black Marlin, last week, and I didn't use a belt or harness but when stuff takes more than fifteen minutes, I'm going for the belt. I don't like the bruises.
Ha Ha, that's my Son, that was her first turn on the rod, and she didn't know what to expect.....

Black Marlin?

·
Super Moderator
28,364 Posts
Great as usual Jim!!!

Reactions: Realtor
1 - 6 of 6 Posts