Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not sure if its Offshore or not, but we could see land, Mark caught 8-10 nice snapper, and a beautiful Robin Fish, and a few Triggers etc. (he left me reel one up, but I screwed it up at the boat and it got off...) Love the Parker, Never before could I sit in a chair with my feet up and watch someone catch fish....

Beautiful afternoon Offcourse (always good to spend time with ya Brother...) and I made a trip, NE wind was blowing nice this morning, however it slowed as predicted this afternoon, into one of the more beautiful afternoons in recent memory.

Came back in OB Pass, and stopped at Holiday harbor for a sandwich. Warm Sun, light breeze, not many people. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Water Cloud Sky Blue Wind wave

Blue Azure Flat panel display Output device Rectangle

Clothing Water Blue Safety glove Fisherman

Water Vertebrate Azure Organism Fish

Water Cloud Sky Light Body of water

Cloud Sky Water Furniture Wood

Gadget Font Display device Multimedia Auto part

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
What a great day. And with your river-running brother. Hard to beat.

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep thinking the same and if it was brought back to 3800 and probably 28 to 30 and hold plane I bet it would do 2.5 or better. How bout it Relater?
Not Really, I've seen it flicker at 2.4,but very quickly returns to 2.1. I haven't noticed 2.3.... This was in calm ICW water the trim tabs retracted and the engines trimmed up pretty high. I still get 2.1 at 37-3800 as well. It seems 2.1 seems to be the sweet spot. It's a big heavy boat, twin 200's, I'm happy with the 2.1

What a great day. And with your river-running brother. Hard to beat.
Yes Sir, it's good to have him around again for a while. Nothing to make the drags scream today, but we're watching the weather for a window to go the the nipple, or Steps area for a over day or so drift and sink some baits for a sword.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
3800 rpm, 28 MPH, 5.0 miles per gallon? am I reading this right? what motor?
1 motor Mr Jim your reading it right 6 vs 12 cylinders burning fuel my offshore boat (25 walk around) has 2 150's (needs your motors) gets at best 1.8 my 22 foot bay boat with the single 150 can get 5 to 6 on flat water if you keep the rpm down.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I think Jim has the 200XB's as well, Twins though. 8 zylinders vs 4
Yes you are correct same concept though. I was talking about what I had did not clarify my fault That's why I want the motors he has on his on mine.More cylinders equals more fuel just running period.If you men run the same motor him weighing almost twice as much and turning the same rpm cut the mileage in half because he has 2 and your hull has less friction and displacement than his so add economy to yours and take away from his. My analogy simple minded thinking of me.I was thinking Mr Jim had been around long enough to remember when most everything outboard offshore(And what I still have) was v6.No disrespect to anyone.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
That's awesome, Jim.... glad you and Mark got on the water!

Reactions: Realtor

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Damn near a perfect day. The only thing better in my book would be: to be able to keep a few of those tasty fish. Some for the grill and some for the freezer.

·
Registered
931 Posts
So happy to see y'all back at it! Great memories....just thinking of y'all today!! Great photo of the robin with brilliant blues wing tips!!

·
Super Moderator
29,885 Posts
Such a rough life, I pitty ya!!!! hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: Realtor

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think Jim has the 200XB's as well, Twins though. 8 zylinders vs 4
I have The XCA's

Damn near a perfect day. The only thing better in my book would be: to be able to keep a few of those tasty fish. Some for the grill and some for the freezer.
If we ate fish. lol... I got a Magma Grill for Christmas.... ;)

So happy to see y'all back at it! Great memories....just thinking of y'all today!! Great photo of the robin with brilliant blues wing tips!!
We were talking about that "Queen of Kings" thing we did, with You, Dale and Jamie.. lol

Looks like a nice day on the water. Tiding on that Parker has got to be nice on a cold morning.
And that quartering sea. No more "spray to the face..." lol NOICE!!! he he

1 - 20 of 20 Posts