Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed it's been about 8-9 months since I've posted any pictures, havent even posted on social media other than this trip...... outside the Tarpon trip to Boca Grande a month or so ago.
Went shark fishing the other day with a trio of folks from Mo. Water was clear, and calm, and it was pretty hot out too...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Do you do mostly catch and release? I know there are some species that you can't keep but just wondering if folks want to take them home to eat or make trophies.

·
Registered
9,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you do mostly catch and release? I know there are some species that you can't keep but just wondering if folks want to take them home to eat or make trophies.
Catch and Release mostly. I allow them to kill the occasional Black tip, (only if i feel they have the ability to care for the meat) or the small sharp nose. But, we discuss the work and storage requirements to care for the meat of a larger shark, and they usually don't want that responsibility and we release them. When vacationers are here they don't have the ability to care for that much meat.

I do not allow the killing just for the jaws and teeth.... It works very well for me. I seem to attract the right sportsmen type anglers looking for the experience. and they usually get more than they were looking for...

·
Super Moderator
28,501 Posts
Great work and happy customers = awesome day!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts