Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a chance to go fishing this morning, went to Fort Pickens and if you have read the Pensacola News journal than you know what I'm talking about. Ran into Red B. and no he didn't have a beer on the pier he left them in the truck. All right on to the report. SPANISH SPANISH SPANISH!!!! Several nice one were caught the largest one brought in was 27in at the fork. Live shrimp free lining was the trick problem was I had no live shrimp which equals no Spanish. Rain be damned I'll be out there tomorrow with live shrimp. Did catch serval small spade fish which I brought home. Was told they were good eatin about to find out!

·
Blowhard extrordinair
2,274 Posts
I grilled one whole when I was down there. It was very mild and flaky. Good eatin'.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
We have caught Spade fish in our net out there. I was out there last Monday, all we caught were small sharks.

·
Green Eggs And Ham
10,083 Posts
Red is a great guy, I have fished with him at pickens since I was a young lad. I can say that about a lot of regulars out there. Good folks.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Red is a great guy, I have fished with him at pickens since I was a young lad. I can say that about a lot of regulars out there. Good folks.
I met Red on the pier early in the morning before the sun came up. Seemed like a great guy that loved fishing the pier and hated people that left trash as much as I do. I looked on the PNJ to try and find out more about this hardcore fisherman but I found nothing. Whats the story about? UGLY

1 - 10 of 10 Posts