Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the sun finally came out, the winds died down a bit and it was prime time to hit the pass for some more fun light tackle inshore action. On both Saturday and Sunday I met up with my clients and headed straight to the pass. When we arrived at Pensacola Pass it looked like a parking lot; I don’t think I’ve seen that many boats fishing in one small area in a long time.

I maneuvered the boat into the mix and we commenced to fishing among the pack. At times it was little more congested than I like, but we managed to hook up with a few good fish. As more boats arrived, I decided to head to a spot with less pressure, and that turned out to be the right move as the bite was much better at this new location. Saturday’s trip was in the afternoon and the winds picked up near the middle of the trip, so I had to find a few places where it was not so bumpy. Saturday’s trip was decent fishing, but I would have liked it better if the wind had cooperated. Sunday’s trip was a morning trip and the winds and the bite were just what I hoped.

Pat with his daughter shows off a nice little red snapper ---- Kim shows off her first sheepshead of the day

At first, it was a little slow going, but around 10:30 am the bite turned on and it was fish-on with each dropped bait. My clients were from Oklahoma and were used to bass fishing so they were a little out of their element. But it didn’t take long till they had the feel for sheepshead fishing and they were hooking up sheepie after sheepie. Not only was the sheepshead bite strong, but we were also hooking up some fun light tackle red snappers. Most of them were small, but since they are in a closed season right now, it wouldn’t have mattered if they were legal. It was a great weekend for the most part other than the windy afternoon on Saturday; lots of smiling faces and sheepies on ice.

Russell shows off his biggest sheepshead of the day!! ------ Looks like it's time for a fish fry!

Till the next adventure, tight lines.
Capt. John

Mega-Bite Inshore Charters

1 - 3 of 3 Posts