Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have been working like crazy both day and night and most weekends, so this past week (GUN) Turkey Opened either sex and I have not had a single chance to go. I had planned a comfortable weekend with the family when my wife said, "When are you going to the lake" (I assume she was expecting her boyfriend at any minute) LOL. What a woman, she is just the best. Anyway I head up late last night and get a couple of hours of sleep and hit the woods about 5:30 am. I cant call very well but I know where they live and travel. I get buried up in a gully washout on the side of a ridge and damn near fall asleep, when I see two pop up over the ridge about 20 yds down the slope. My heart is racing because I know that if I move at the wrong time it is all over. It was about 40 degrees this morning and I was pouring sweat. I was laying down with my head propped up on a tree. Thank god, they came from the right direction, because I only had to move the gun a few inches. I took very careful aim because the last one I killed was riddled with shot in the chest.:banghead This one was moving very deliberately up the ridge and turned his head just enough for me to shift the gun and then a year passed by as I pulled the trigger. Believe it or not the first one never moved. He just stood there not knowing what happened. I guess I dont move much after the shot. Since there is only one per season up here I didnt even bother to put another round in the chamber. Wow I was happy, I just cant tell you how proud I am that I was able to sit that still for so long. I killed him at exactly 8:00 this morning. The one I killed wastrialing the firstand was the larger of the two. When I checked him he was 15.8lbs and his beard was 7 3/4" Hard to see in the pics because as usual all I have is my cell but here you go. I had to wait to get back to Little Rock to take the pic of me holding the bonnet so you will have to forgive the cheesy smile but just the same I am pretty proud. Much like I started this post off, thank you lord for my wonderful wife.

Me and the smile that is still onmy face:letsdrink

Good luck and good hunting!:)

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
hi fives !!! back slapping and many oh man that is a good un WOW look at that beard !!!now where did you get em at again? congrats you bagged one of the most elusive in north america

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Congrat's Mike!!!!on your choice of your wife(bride)!!!:bowdown.....oh, very nice bird too...you deserve it!!!!:toast

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys, I am pretty proud of that one. I am just amazed I was able to be so close to them. Even more so that the other one didnt really run. This is turning out to be a great season so far. Dont want to jinx myself. Modern Gun opens the 10th, and I cant wait.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts