Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had DirecTV for many years and been happy. But, now they have decided to save a few dollars and dropped NBC (15) and CBS (5). Since hurricane/tropical storm season will be here in about 48 hours and DirecTV is worthless without local weather. I’m switching to Cox Cable Contour service.

Has anyone else been impacted?

·
Registered
546 Posts
I was, and switched to YouTube tv, best decision I made, dropped directv, and just use cox for internet $29.99 for 30mps, and $49.99 for 70 channels on YouTube, unlimited dvr service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
294 Posts
I ditched cable last week for the second time. Internet only now. My son lets me log in on his xfinity account so I downloaded a bunch of channels to my television. So that and my antenna is working fine so far. With my antenna I can get NBC and CBS so no impact here.

Cable companies blow. Throw cell phone providers in there too. When I lived in Chicago I had U S Cellular. They decide to pull out of Chicago and cancel everyone’s contract. You try and cancel your contract and see how that goes.

Man I went off the rails here,sorry.
~JOE~

·
Registered
685 Posts
Att-Direct sucks they overdrafted my account and claimed I changed plans
Had to argue but got my money back and closed that account as I only used it to pay them.
Netflix plus the antenna I put up picks up 22 channels. A whole lot cheaper now without Direct

·
Registered
8,823 Posts
I want to look into some of these internet TV services. I have not clue about some of these new services. Live in Baker and don't have access to cox, so we have Direct TV. Our internet provider is century link.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I have the same problem, but will probably just get an over the air antenna and deal with it. If its a big enough hurricane that I'm that worried about, the satellite signal will probably be the first thing to go anyway.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
I cut Cox Cable and never looked back. I have an antenna and Netflix that gives me news and all the entertainment that I have time to watch. Ask Yellow River Cat what kind of antenna he uses to get 22 channels. He is doing better than me. I get all the major networks and public television.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I cut Cox Cable and never looked back. I have an antenna and Netflix that gives me news and all the entertainment that I have time to watch. Ask Yellow River Cat what kind of antenna he uses to get 22 channels. He is doing better than me. I get all the major networks and public television.

I don’t have many obstructions and I’m on top of the hill. Elevation is around 250’ at my place and the antenna is another 25’ up in the air
I’ll try to post a picture of the cheap directional I bought antenna IMG_0441.jpg

·
Registered
404 Posts
We just have antenna also. Great and free. I am thinking about dumping Netflix since there is rarely anything to watch. Most of the made by netflix movies have gone lefty liberal - let me teach you a lesson crap.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
The cable companies have priced themselves out of the market.

We dropped Mediacom five or so years ago - internet only now. We use STIRR for local news, Pluto TV, and Netflix. Also have an antenna if needed.

If/when 5G goes full bore, that'll finish off the cable companies.

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
We have Uverse and haven’t had NBC for over a month. Then last week they dropped CBS, WPMI and one other channel. I’m about done with them.
Most of their channels are infomercials anyway.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
If you are leaving directv, just mount a directional antenna on the pedestal in place of the dish. Hook up coax to new antenna. If you aren't getting a good enough signal and you have it aimed correctly, try putting a signal booster in line.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I don’t have many obstructions and I’m on top of the hill. Elevation is around 250’ at my place and the antenna is another 25’ up in the air
I’ll try to post a picture of the cheap directional I bought antenna View attachment 1044120

That's the same one I have and I pick up 22 channels as well. I live in Freeport.
I haven`t paid for cable tv in 15 years. I have internet service and from that I have Netflix, prime and Ology Tv.
Ology Tv is the way to go. You get over 500 channels for $16.99 a month. My wife loves it, she`s from England so she can watch BBC news and anything else from the UK.
Ology Tv has USA, UK, sports channels, special events and so much more.

·
Registered
231 Posts
A friend at work says this is just temporary till they work out a deal. What sucks is the rest of NASCAR season is a majority of NBC. SInce I work on sundays I was taping the races then watching them when I get home.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I dropped Direct TV last night for the same reason. They used the "in negotiations" excuse. I said I would prorate my payment seeing they were not providing the channels they were contractually required to provide. They said I couldn't do that, so I cancelled right there. Their equipment is outdated and they never gave me my $200 gift card for signing up 9 months ago. Friggin crooks!

·
Registered
8,823 Posts
My wife watches TLC and channels like that. Just want to make sure I get the current showings.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts