Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have experience with Exreme Boats in Bonifay. Looking to get a custom built aluminum boat. Mostly fresh water. Occasionally in saltwater during bull red season,

·
Super Moderator
28,630 Posts
PM splittine....or he may respond!!! From being in his and seeing it....quality boat!

·
Super Moderator
20,017 Posts
I did countless hours of research when I bought mine. I looked at just about every boat in that category and I was extremely impressed with Xtreme. They quality and detail in their work and welds can not be beat. They use heavier duty aluminum than most other manufactures and it shows after hitting stumps in the river. One thing they are not is cheap but you gotta pay to play when you start getting into quality like that. If you deal with anyone up there deal with Baron, he is a great guy to work with. I've been more than pleased with mine and just about every time I launch I have someone come over and ask me about it. If you have any questions shoot me a PM.

·
Jaded Old Phart
6,071 Posts
When the FS show rolled into town before, I had a long conversation with one of the welders from the shop. I was very impressed, we were in the boats and he was showing me the hidden areas that were stress points that were welded. And there was very little carbon intrusions (slag/black spots) in the welds.

·
Tyler Walker
1,587 Posts
Top notch aluminum boats for sure!!!! Just with they had a better outboard option than Mercury. But I will say the boats are so nice that I might would entertain the idea of Merc on one.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Went by their shop a few months ago. From what I saw, out of the 15 or so boats in the yard, and a couple being built, these guys could put on a welding clinic at the welder's super bowl...You can choose from several different models, custom built, just about any way you want it, and then some. I just have not pulled the trigger. As above, they come with a merc...for some that's a deal breaker, for some, not so much.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have the 17 ft XT and it's been a good boat so far, very pleased with the purchase. I didn't like that they only sold mercs so I just bought the hull and trailer and had the outboard installed elsewhere.

·
Super Moderator
28,630 Posts
I have the 17 ft XT and it's been a good boat so far, very pleased with the purchase. I didn't like that they only sold mercs so I just bought the hull and trailer and had the outboard installed elsewhere.
Is the 17 XT a side console? I'm looking fer a 15-17 ft stick steer, but like Chase and many others---don't care fer a Merc! So ifin I got a new one, I'd do the hull and trailer?

·
Super Moderator
20,017 Posts
I won't spend my paycheck on a Mercury. I bought the boat and trailer from them and picked up a Yamaha from Homosassa Marine and went that route.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Is the 17 XT a side console? I'm looking fer a 15-17 ft stick steer, but like Chase and many others---don't care fer a Merc! So ifin I got a new one, I'd do the hull and trailer?
The XT can be side or center console and it's a modified V hull. They will try and push the merc but will sale without a motor.

·
Super Moderator
28,630 Posts
I found 1 already set up in Jacksonville....just not sure ifin I wanna go so new!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts