Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Bearded Brotula
14,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on the other thread. I'm trying to get a petition put together and extend Alabama's state waters out to 9 nm. It's the first step in getting the state to break from the feds and manage their own fisheries. The way I'm reading it right now, in June 2013 you will only be able to keep 1 red snapper. Triggers, ajs and grouper will be closed, I think. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that is the proposal. And if NMFS continues, either 2013 or 2014 will have a snapper season that starts and ends in June. Let's see if we can get some changes made. It's a small step, but we have to get started somewhere.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Save-our-Snapper-Season/359330284159838

·
Bearded Brotula
14,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And you do NOT have to sign up for Facebook to access the petition.

·
Wicked Awesome
2,254 Posts
Save our Snapper Season
is on Facebook.
To connect with Save our Snapper Season, sign up for Facebook today.

Seems to me I have to join facebook to sign the petition. And if not, how do I do it and get past this message on your site? O*D*W

·
Bearded Brotula
14,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When you close out of the pop up, can you see the page? There is a clickable link on there to the petition. I'll post a link directly to the petition in a minute.

·
Wicked Awesome
2,254 Posts
I see it. It took me a minute to scan over the entire page once I clodsed the pop up. Lft side of screen within box with your info in it. O*D*W

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Do you have to be an Alabama resident to sign the petition? I would think since it involves only Alabama state that you would.

·
Bearded Brotula
14,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you have to be an Alabama resident to sign the petition? I would think since it involves only Alabama state that you would.
No. Anybody that can purchase an Alabama saltwater fishing license has an interest in this. Same reason I have an interest in what FL, TX, MS and LA do in regards to their fishery management. So sign away, we can use the help!

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Cool, just signed it

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
Pretty much all the State Senators of the gulf states and up the east and west coast are for Regional Fisheries Management where the states manage there fisheries out to 200 miles. They will have to change the mag/stevens Act to do it but believe it or not there is talk from some heavy hitters to do this. I will believe it when I see it.

·
Bearded Brotula
14,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We have talked about this in some of the meetings I have attended. I think it would be great but it would take an act of congress to do it. La is claiming 9 or 10 miles next year but guess what the feds don't see it that way, theres going to be some major conflict next year off the coast of Louisiana.
What meetings are those? The Headboat Co-op or Gulf Council?

·
Bearded Brotula
14,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bump

·
Bearded Brotula
14,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
For the ones that are on Facebook, please share the page and help us get the word out.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts