Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
they got those racks from being really smart deer.
jack

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nice looking bachelor group. For whatever reason ,bucks do tend to like corn in piles on the ground more than scattered.

·
Bearded Brotula
13,841 Posts
Reactions: Deja vu

·
Jaded Old Phart
6,627 Posts
So just pile corn as pictured and they'll sniff it out and show? Looking for backyard "pets".
They want the ground to be clean?
This is what I got to work with, grass is my side of property line. The shorter yaupons to the left of the pine tree should be dying within a month.

Sky Plant Flower Cloud People in nature

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ex
So just pile corn as pictured and they'll sniff it out and show? Looking for backyard "pets".
They want the ground to be clean?
This is what I got to work with, grass is my side of property line. The shorter yaupons to the left of the pine tree should be dying within a month.

View attachment 1081885
Just put it out and theyll clean the grass down to bare dirt in a few days.

·
Jaded Old Phart
6,627 Posts
Ex

Just put it out and theyll clean the grass down to bare dirt in a few days.
Hmmm, so if I put the corn on the other side of the property line, the deer will take care of the stuff growing there?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
So I am a novice hunter…I assume the benefit to a feeder is to control the amount of corn; not necessarily that the dear appreciate it being scattered. I wonder if a deer’s natural instinct is to gorge itself?

·
Bearded Brotula
13,841 Posts
Nah, otherwise they would never leave a feed trough for cattle.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
i remember when i baited deer and put out salt. when the salt block was gone, the deer would even eat the dirt where the block was and it soon became a hole if you didn't get more salt.
jack

Reactions: MrFish

·
Bearded Brotula
13,841 Posts
i remember when i baited deer and put out salt. when the salt block was gone, the deer would even eat the dirt where the block was and it soon became a hole if you didn't get more salt.
jack
Got a spot they've been tearing up for years. Turkey, bobcats, deer, everything comes to it. We put up one of them peanut butter feeders on a tree one year. Went out to it and it was covered in yellow jackets. Don't try that.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts