Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for evinrude mechanic for motor that keeps bogging down if lowered in water tilt up starts runs great on muffs I yard ..Have had at shop still not fixed ..replaced pump. .Etc ...No codes come up spent over 4,000 and still not working...

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
What shop are you taking it to. Your location?

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,077 Posts
You don't list the year, or if the motor was bought new by you, or if a mechanic has ever done injector replacements?

So here's a couple things to look at or consider, (taken from Evinrude Nation),

"During manufacturing each injector is thoroughly tested for its flow characteristics and given a serial number that contains calibration numbers called coefficients. These numbers “tell” the engine computer (EMM) how to compensate for slight differences in flow so that each electrical pulse to the injector will be timed to deliver a precise amount of fuel, measured in millionths of a gallon. These unique numbers are the reason that the injectors cannot be used in a different cylinders or on another engine; the injector’s coefficients and cylinder location are programmed into the EMM".

"Because of the injector’s highly technical design and precision construction it is important to have a quality fuel-water separator filter in addition to the engine-mounted fuel filter. Today’s ethanol E-10 fuels attract moisture which may settle to the bottom of a fuel tank and be ingested into the motor’s pumps and injectors. Be proactive by using fresh gasoline in the tank and a fuel stabilizer additive such as Evinrude’s 2+4 to avoid gummy varnish deposits and to help prevent corrosion. This way your motor will remain the reliable, smooth running outboard that it should be and give you years of enjoyment on the water".

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a 2006 ..had 3 lower units has magnum on it now..2 injectors replaced and everything from fuel tank back in fuel system replaced ...

·
Registered
425 Posts
Preston Satterwhite of Satterwhite Marine. He was the only guy (besides his boss Kenny Mann) that touched my E-TEC. I had 2006 115. I read on another post here on the forum that Preston is now with BGS Marine on Navy Blvd. Kenny is at Barber Marine in Orange Beach.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts