Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just my wife Brenda and I today. Nary a boat in sight until we got deep. We started at the Chevron and just went west of there. Jigging all the way, and most everyone else was jigging too.

Whoops, here wasa red snapper, on a small diamond jig. Out deep, we saw lots of boats. Many red snapper were being caught; some quality snapper. Our first fish was a bit of a surprise, a bull red. Unfortunately, he did not make it. I tried hard to revive him, but could not. Tough to watch such a big fish suffer and die needlessly.

Here is the prize of the day. We caught a couple of babies, but this was grandpa.

Who would figure a sea robin would bite a butterfly jig. Here is proof.

And a scamp. Just legal in size, but not the right month.

Seas were flat, beautiful, and a great ride out and in.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Looks like you were on the lake fishing. Now that's as calm as it get's here in the GOM. AJ's steaks, when are firing the grill up. Gene

·
Registered
415 Posts
looks like a great day. i had a red die on me also today while bottom fishing. tried everything we could to get him going but no go. tough to watch them float off.

·
Super Moderator
29,276 Posts
Man, I'm gonna have to dig around in the freezer...I think I have some AJ in there somewhere!!! Blackened AJ is my FAVORITE!!!! Way to have a great day with easy seas ~~~ :letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink

·
Registered
298 Posts
Nice AJ! Glad you haave your bottom machine working again.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Doesn't much matter how the fishing is when the weather is as good as it is in the pics you posted. Leave it to me to go out of town on the prettiest day of the year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts