Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I also like the take all the parking spaces. They are free here in Okaloosa county. But it would be best on a weekday. Imagine no spaces left at the courthouse, tag office. And anywhere else we could think of. I also think this should continue until something happens. Mabey it would cath on statewide. We could also get a hundred boats eastbound on I10 at 40mph, that is the minimum speed.

·
Banned
1,264 Posts
What are we protesting against here?Does anyone on forum have one shred of evidence that the laws in place are a current act of randomness?Help refresh my memory here on how many protestors hold degrees in science and Have scientific data on current fish stocks?Im all for a protest if someone can prove that we need open the seasons back up but having proof is going beyond saying hey look at all the snapper we catch in a given area.I a NOT a tree hugger or enviro but i want to know where the proof is.

Sick of greedy fisherman thinking the fish stocks are supposed to improve every year when a couple few thousand extra fisherman get added to the fish catcher stats.

You guys want to improve the fishery.STOP telling every tom dick and hairy how and where to go on public forums to limit on flounder.stop posting every report on how many grouper and what your using and where to go.This problem is not going to fix itself.Im so sick of people demanding a resource from the government that have NO PROOF of bad management.Unless anyone on this Forum has scientifically tested offshore reef fish zones from here to Jacksonville than all were protesting is pure speculation and being pissed off just because we can.

Im sure a whole lot of fisherman attempted the same protest back when all the redfish laws were put in place.Good thing they lost or we wouldnt have any more redfish to even complain about.

I say let the fishery management do there job.Lets bitch about the commercial netters killing thousands of pounds of Juvenille snapper to get hand fulls of shrimp.I dont see anyone protesting commercial netters in city hall.Ask why millions of pounds of UNITED STATES caught grouper gets shipped to Canada every year so someone that lives in Iowa can live in a nice house and send a paycheck to a local commercial boater.Protest that.

Protesting a fishery management that can BE PROVEN is in a tired stATE is only going to make us look like greedy fisherman unhappy with current regs.Its not going to CHANGE anything.

Im sure ill get flamed or post deleted like the last 5 but the truth sucks but thats what it is.

You guys know we have a good snapper fishery here but the rest of florida is terrible.we have a pretty decent fishery here in general but its also the smallest areas for pressure put on the fish stocks.GO to south florida or tampa and fish there reefs for red snPPER lol.IF ITS BAD DATA than let us all HIRE A PROFESSIONAL and PROVE THEM WRONG>protesting without any kind of real time data proves nothing and will get us NOWHERE when the HMFS puts there data on the evidence table.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Will:

If they told you that you could no longer drive down the interstate because there was a lack of asphalt, would you just take them at their word? What if you saw piles of asphalt on each side of the interstate, yet they told you an asphalt shortage meant you had to limit your interstate use to less than 1 mile a day????? Would you take their word for it? Would you demand a scientific study to look into the piles of asphalt? Would you want to wait 3-4 years while those studies were being done, all the while not drive on the interstate?????

I like the idea about the trailering of the boats at record slow speed (both lanes). We could establish a turn-around spot and keep doing circles.

Would we be able to purchase a WHOLE red snapper from Jo Patti's to use? They can't do anything to us as long as we have a receipt.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Go blow your horn somewhere else. If you don't want to help then don't. I have lived here for 39 years. Theree have NEVER been more red snapper than there are now. If you don't like red snapper mabey you don't know how to cook it. I don't fish 50miles off shore, but I don't bash you or the fish you catch. Each to their own. Some desk jockey in Washington has no idea about the fish population hear. Why do other states ,or even other areas of our state have different regulations????? Because fish populations are different in different areas. Red Snapper are way over abundent in the northern gulf. We are tired of the bs.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I personally think we should pressure Gov Crist to open snapper season in Fl waters to a more reasonable season. Lets get back to April 15-Oct 31.2 fish per person 16" or up. Tell the feds it will be that way until they are more reasonable.

·
Registered
55 Posts
gameaholic (11/2/2009)Go blow your horn somewhere else. If you don't want to help then don't. I have lived here for 39 years. Theree have NEVER been more red snapper than there are now. If you don't like red snapper mabey you don't know how to cook it. I don't fish 50miles off shore, but I don't bash you or the fish you catch. Each to their own. Some desk jockey in Washington has no idea about the fish population hear. Why do other states ,or even other areas of our state have different regulations????? Because fish populations are different in different areas. Red Snapper are way over abundent in the northern gulf. We are tired of the bs.
they used to same the same thing about cobia 39 years ago and now look . i just want to catch fish maybe if they had put i done this years ago all of us young guys wouldnt be hearing about "how it used to be" .i do agree rec fishermen are being punished when the commercial are raping the sticks imo.

·
Banned
1,264 Posts
gameaholic (11/2/2009)Go blow your horn somewhere else. If you don't want to help then don't. I have lived here for 39 years. Theree have NEVER been more red snapper than there are now. If you don't like red snapper mabey you don't know how to cook it. I don't fish 50miles off shore, but I don't bash you or the fish you catch. Each to their own. Some desk jockey in Washington has no idea about the fish population hear. Why do other states ,or even other areas of our state have different regulations????? Because fish populations are different in different areas. Red Snapper are way over abundent in the northern gulf. We are tired of the bs.

That the same speech you gonna give from the podium of your protest?Can you please show me some third party data for red snapper stock assesments since the year 1945 up untill now.We know the Gulf council gives 2 shits about a 200 mile stretch of coast since the regs are bundled up for the southeast region.So please show me some evidence.I wounder if this was the same attitude displayed by fisherman when striped bass was banned in the late 80's and goliath grouper were put on the protected species list.I suppose you already know artificial reef fishing does not count as a valid stock assesment.Show me your evidence.You gonna lead uneducated fisherman to a protest I think you need to educate them.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I wonder what would happen if Crist directed FWC to apply state snapper laws to those they check beyond state waters. In other words, thumb their nose at NMFS.....

·
Registered
55 Posts
MCNABB51BOI (11/2/2009)
they used to same the same thing about cobia 39 years ago and now look . i just want to catch fish maybe if they had put i done this years ago all of us young guys wouldnt be hearing about "how it used to be" .i do agree rec fishermen are being punished when the commercial are raping the stocks imo.

·
Banned
1,264 Posts
MCNABB51BOI (11/2/2009)

they used to same the same thing about cobia 39 years ago and now look . i just want to catch fish maybe if they had put i done this years ago all of us young guys wouldnt be hearing about "how it used to be" .i do agree rec fishermen are being punished when the commercial are raping the sticks imo.

Another point taken.Take cobia and snapper off the commercial dinner plates than you have yourselves something protesting for but if you the gulf council and HMFS in one ear saying the stocks are 3% of what they were in 1945 and you angry fisherman in the other year saying its a lie they are going to want proof.They give 2 shits what color you paint your truck or how many boats you tow to Kansas they do not care.The bottom line will be the 51 percent going to commercial fisherman will be 90 percent and your going to get hosed.Thats the way it is.Protest the root of the evil in the fishery stocks and than you can get somewhere.Normally when a ish becomes overfished the way snapper have(ALL THIS TALK AND PROTESTING WILL ONLY PROVE THE DEMAND PLACED ON THEM)THE FISH IS USUALLY DECLARED A GAMEFISH and commercial interest are closed off completely after a 5 year ban all together.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
As unfortunate as it is. You know there was no data then just like there is none now. The only data is in the amount that is CAUGHT. Charter boats as well as Rec. are catching more than ever. It amazes me that all you do is stir trouble, get booted and beg your way back. I guess Chris has way more patients than me.

·
Banned
1,264 Posts
enviro3 (11/2/2009)
-=Desperado=- (11/2/2009)What are we protesting against here?Does anyone on forum have one shred of evidence that the laws in place are a current act of randomness?Help refresh my memory here on how many protestors hold degrees in science and Have scientific data on current fish stocks?.

Desperado is right, the government would not be stepping in if there was not a huge problem. You guys don't have any data, let's see your data that says there are plenty of fish. you guys need to stop diluting and stealing a public resource by killing all these fish. The government scientist says there is a problem so there is a problem.

Mr. Peter Tang

Please do not respond to me or quote me.I am not in your group or agree with anything you say.Your exaggerated and sarcastic post proves you are an imposter and here to stir shit.Your avatar explains everything.Now go away troll.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
As a suggestion for a protest rally point. Does anyone know if The Department of Commerce, NOAA and or NMFS has a pensacola field office?

Mark W

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
My data is the piles of red snapper on EVERY reef i go to. My data is the fact that people catch red snapper at 3 mile bridge. What more do you need?

Sure, I don't have peer reviewed data. BUT GUESS WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHOCKER!!!!!!!

Neither does NMFS. They are using phone surveys, for crying out loud!

By that rationale, I should be able to do phone surveys and find out how many people think there are plenty of snapper out there, and it should count as "empiracal evidence".

Somehow, my evidence is never going to be good enough, and the NMFS evidence smells like potpourri even though it looks like a GIANT dog terd......

That just supports what I have been saying. The NMFS is INTENTIONALLY tone deaf!

For the record, I was thinking about this over lunch, and I came to a new realization. They (NMFS) closed the amberjack season on everyone. However, they only closed the snapper to the recreatonal folks. Commercial guys are STILL fishing despite all of these new numbers that show we OVERFISHED this last year. Is it just me or is it REALLY easy to see which side of the bread gets buttered by NMFS???????

·
Banned
1,264 Posts
BigBrandon (11/2/2009)why dont all yall enviro fags stfu

That the same thing you would have told the Gulf council back when they banned your precious redfish back in the 80's when they were over fished to almost extinction from the blackened craze?Grow up dude and educate yourself.Fishing from the T pier and bob sikes does not make you an expert on reefish just an uneducated expert on hearsay.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
gameaholic (11/2/2009)Angus...we don't need a permit to "tow" our boats accross the bridge,and back.......,and back,....etc. a hundred boatsbeing towedback and forth across the bridge would get some attention, especially at 15mph!!!
We can get Joe Z to lead!!!! :letsdrink I remember a post some time ago about 3 mile bridge and towing a boat......:clap

·
Banned
1,264 Posts
markw4321 (11/2/2009)As a suggestion for a protest rally point. Does anyone know if The Department of Commerce, NOAA and or NMFS has a pensacola field office?

Mark W
NO they have one in Tampa and 1 in Mass or new jersey or some shit like that.One of them up nort states but i believe its MASS

21 - 40 of 91 Posts