Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,091 Posts
That's cool...some of those rock formations are so uniform they look like they could almost be man made.

No conspiracy theory, I'm sure it's probably a bunch of large flat horizontalrocksthat have fallen apart overmillions of years of sanderosion beneath and layers of rock slowly being eroded from the top till it weakens enough to simply crumble in large chunks.

But very cool!

Jim

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Thanks for posting I guess it depended on the spot but I was expecting large bolders or some relief of 15 feet or so.

Not to really get off the subject But I see they recovered the cable did they find the ROV?? I never saw it in the video.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
jim t (19/05/2010)That's cool...some of those rock formations are so uniform they look like they could almost be man made.

No conspiracy theory, I'm sure it's probably a bunch of large flat horizontalrocksthat have fallen apart overmillions of years of sanderosion beneath and layers of rock slowly being eroded from the top till it weakens enough to simply crumble in large chunks.

But very cool!

Jim
Very close...actually weathered jointing similar to this:

I had often wonder what it looked like down there. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Wow that is a really cool video, thanks for posting it. And yes I <span style="text-decoration: underline;">had wondered what the edge looked like but not anymore.

Phillip

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Awesome, THanks and if there is anymore please post. I love getting to see that. Never thought we had reefs here. That is a big ass grouper around the 2min mark.

·
Registered
197 Posts
That is pretty neat i wish i could dive it but my dads still got me on adepth limit haha only 140 for me

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Pinksnappercatcher (20/05/2010)Awesome, THanks and if there is anymore please post. I love getting to see that. Never thought we had reefs here. That is a big ass grouper around the 2min mark.
I saw that sucker also but didn't what to say anything. I also thought it was a 30 or so pound grouper.

·
Registered
478 Posts
VERY COOL, You can tell those fish arent gun shy, too bad soooo deep.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,543 Posts
That is way cool. Tell them I want to take them out to a spot I have in 200', so I can see what it looks like. East of Destin.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts