Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Photos

Capt Ken,

You may have attempted this already but, If I don't have USB connector, easiest way to transfer from phone to computer is e-mail option. Click on photo, choose e-mail option, rec'd e-mail on computer and save to desktop.
I don't use Senators these days but interested in the 50's method.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
thats how i usually do it. just email em to myself then "save as" into whatever file. never plug phone into computer at all and generally I will send the pics as soon as I take em while thinking about it.

when we fished senators a lot my dad always had a little piece of leather attached to the reel in from of the spool and for extra drag just push down on the leather onto the spool. really worked well and still have a few old senators that let guests use snapper fishing and sometimes trolling so def interested in any new techniques for them.

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Too busy today to get anything done.

I drove a 94 year old WWll vet to the VA in Ocala today. It was unplanned so that ate up most of my day. I was glad to do it however. I got in from a 2 mile walk with my dog, cooked breakfast and he called while I was eating. No big deal because there is always tomorrow until there are no tomorrows left.

I don't do e-mail on my phone. I have enough problems already.

I plan to ditch yahoo soon and only carry over to a new service a precious few e-mail addresses.

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I haven't posted photos in a while but here goes.

First, determine where you can "THUMB" the foregrip of your rod. The rod I'm showing is a little 5'8" Shimano jigging rod. I call it my "Old Man's Grouper rod." Wrap the area you will thumb frt about 3" with 3-M Friction Tape. You do not have to wrap it super tight. The tape both protects the rod's fore grip and provides super friction on your line, wet or dry.

Next, cut the thumb and a few fingers out of an old glove. I use cotton or leather. Put the finger or thumb on your left thumb then wrap with the friction tape.

Note, the thumb is just laying on the rod for photographic purpose.

Here is how I carry the thumb piece. Can't figure out to add another photo. Wii add in a reply.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Here is how I carry my thumb piece.

BTW, I learned this in about 1954 or so. Capt. Frank Shaff showed it to me.

For a place to keep the thumb stall, I slip it under the line then tighten down on it. I've never lost one.

When you need to stop a fish, (every time for Grouper) pinch the line between the thumb stall and the fore grip. He ain't going anywhere.

Shallow water Grouper are a totally different breed of cat from their deep water cousins. They dive for cover instantly. In 10-30 feet, everything is sharp resulting in instant cut-offs. Stop them or lose them is an absolute rule.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts