Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have taken up coyote calling and shooting at them. However, I want to try a new thing this year and place deer carcasses in an area to hunt coyotes.

Anyone ever hunted over bait? Wonder if they will come to it during daylight hours?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Baiting; is possibly the least effective method if you want to kill coyotes. The time spent sitting near a carcass waiting for a coyote to randomly come in, a guy could make a lot of calling stands, with greatly increased odds of getting a shot.
I have had good luck calling near a dairy that had a dead pile a half mile behind the operation, but this was not sitting in hide overlooking the bone yard, but rather, calling in the vicinity at several locations surrounding the area.

·
Registered
10,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Baiting; is possibly the least effective method if you want to kill coyotes. The time spent sitting near a carcass waiting for a coyote to randomly come in, a guy could make a lot of calling stands, with greatly increased odds of getting a shot.
I have had good luck calling near a dairy that had a dead pile a half mile behind the operation, but this was not sitting in hide overlooking the bone yard, but rather, calling in the vicinity at several locations surrounding the area.
Yea, I'm sure I will get bored and call in the area.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts