Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dad has some old traps in our backyard and noticed them the other day and started thinking and decided I was going to try to catch a ****. So I took the trap to a creek near our house and set it with shrimp then covered it with palmetto leaves. I went back the next day and there he was!!!

Check em' out. Boy is he chapped!

BeforI took this pictureI poked a stick in the trap and it was shredded in a matter of seconds. I didnt know they are that mean.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I used to catch a bunch of them I would give them to my friends that had **** dogs! They are extremely pissed when they are in that trap. I would dig a little space under the trap just big enough to hold a sardine can. I would place the trap over the can of sardines with the trigger directly over the can. Be sure to stake the trap down where they can't get to the bait and you can catch multiple ***** on the same bait.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
ive caught TONS of ***** in my day! some of them are really calm and some of them are SUPER mean. its cool to see the temperment of each one. watch out cause they will stick their paws out and get you to play with them, then theyll try to snatch your fingers in and bite them!!

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Garbo Jr. (2/24/2010)

Check em' out. Boy is he chapped!

BeforI took this pictureI poked a stick in the trap and it was shredded in a matter of seconds. I didnt know they are that mean.

I've never trapped one but hunted them a few years ago. Any animal that can take one or two .22 bullets in its arse and fall 30-40 feet out of a tree into 3-4 **** dogs and still fight them, getting the best of one or two of them for 45 seconds, for 3 minutes has my respect. I bet that **** thought that stick was the easiest thing it has ever tore the heck out of. LOL!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
yup, have caught many of them, and hunted them for years.. they are mean little bastards....

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hookpuller on here runs em pretty good. He has a pretty neat way of calming them down once in the trap. Hopefully he will see this and share his method with us.

·
twiceRetired Serve No One
4,331 Posts
not in a trap.I **** Hunted as a kid in the north Alabama Mountains with dogs.</DIV>normally one of us would climb the tree and knockit out so the dogs could rough them up untilanother person grabs it by the back of the neck.</DIV>This is one of thoseskills you have to get real good at really quick .</DIV></DIV>It is a lot harder than Possum hunting which is a only training , before you go grabbinga **** by the neck.</DIV>I could tell when the dogs had it warn down enough and i had a death grip on the neck and you hold them way out !</DIV></DIV>we sold them at a gas station and they put them in a barrel and splitthe money with the gas station owner.</DIV>It was common for people who were pumping gas to say " You got any ***** ? .money was hard to come by in those days.</DIV>

·
Registered
14,893 Posts
If memory serves me right -It's illegal totransport a live **** in a vehicle, and if your caught the penalty is not much less than if your caught with an illegal deer or night hunting. Might want to whack him before you drive him around showing your friends... might cost you your truck

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you are within an hour from me, I will take all of them you or anyone else can catch!! Only type of hunting I do is Coonhunt and right now I have a bunch of pups that are ready to start. Plus I am a nuisance trapper so i can transport them to be re-released. Got plenty of spots I would like to turn them on.

·
Super Moderator
29,276 Posts
Like Ryan said, tempermeants differ....but I've seen more mean uns then nice uns!!!:letsdrink Next time get your ole man to cook up the next un!!!!:letsdrink

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
HisName (2/25/2010)not in a trap.I **** Hunted as a kid in the north Alabama Mountains with dogs.</DIV>normally one of us would climb the tree and knockit out so the dogs could rough them up untilanother person grabs it by the back of the neck.</DIV>This is one of thoseskills you have to get real good at really quick .</DIV></DIV>It is a lot harder than Possum hunting which is a only training , before you go grabbinga **** by the neck.</DIV>I could tell when the dogs had it warn down enough and i had a death grip on the neck and you hold them way out !</DIV></DIV>we sold them at a gas station and they put them in a barrel and splitthe money with the gas station owner.</DIV>It was common for people who were pumping gas to say " You got any ***** ? .money was hard to come by in those days.
</DIV></DIV>I have a friend that we call "Possom" that will reach in a trap and grab them by the neck too. He calls it "the **** claw", I call it f'ing crazy.!!! Pretty cool to see though.</DIV>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts