Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anybody knew where you could buy ethanol free gas on Blue Angel Parkway between the back gate of NAS and the intersection of Pine Forest Road. I launch at Shermans cove but they are closed tommorow so I will not be able to get fuel.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
The 2 that I know off are the Chevron on BLue Angle and 98 (Across from McDonalds) which is hard to get into.

The USA at BLue Angle and Lillian says they are 100% gas. Thier was a 10% ethonal sticker on it about 2 weeks ago. I asked the manager and he said that it has always been 100% gas and he he noticed the stickers on there and pulled them off.

I don't know how to tell though unless they post the sticker. He told me where they got the gas from but I can't remember.

·
Registered
692 Posts
My buddy who drives the gas truck says there is none available any longer at any of the stations he delivers to.

Florida required ALL stations to be at E-10 as of 1 (or was it 15?) October. He said there is still a tank at one of the depot's that is labeled 'Ethanol free, for recreational use only' but he is not aware of any stations taking delivery of it.

:banghead

·
Registered
304 Posts
Sailing Faith is right. we are stuck with ethanol gas here in florida so we might as well get use to it and find a way to adapt. There will be NO way to avoid it by the end of 2010 and it looks like all local stations will be selling E10 sooner than that. Google "ethanol gas" and LEARN how to live with it in your marine engines AND in your lawn equipment, etc. Its a different game that may require different 'habits' for proper care...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replies, I did drive by the compac staton last night that Captain DP mentioned and they have a sticker that says 100% gasoline.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sandys Toy (10/28/2009)? for you guys ....Do the higher grades all have ethanol in them also???

All the grades have ethanol in them at the gas stations.. They only way to get ethanol free gas is to buy from our local marina. They have 89 oct midgrade ethanol free..

·
Registered
145 Posts
The local terminal that most of the fuel from this area comes fromas well as the terminals in Mobile only have E10 regular. They are offering a ethanol free mid grade which you can find at some stations. Chevron is getting their fuel from Pascagula Chevron terminal which is still ethanol free. I have some stations I sell to that we are hauling ethanol free gas in from freeport to. I will put a list up in a little while.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
All the gas at the terminals is ethanol free.

It gets added to the tanker load of gas just before it leaves to deliver.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts