Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else hitting the river? I drove up to Oakes this morning to pick up and figured id drive out to Chumuckla springs ramp to see how high the water is. Its up, so I dont think my spot near Pace will be much good tomorrow. Thinking of staying around Chumuckla and hitting some of the high banks and see what I can see.

·
Registered
340 Posts
it hunt able but nasty,make
sure you drop what ever you shoot or its going to suck.went yesterday before all this rain.

·
Registered
9,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What area were you in? If it was nasty then I bet it sucks now. Gotta go though, nowhere else to hunt right now.

·
Super Moderator
28,630 Posts
I know all the creeks around my place are up outta the banks!!!! Be careful if you go brother!

·
Registered
9,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got a great early start today, made it to the ramp before dawn and realized I forgot my spotlight. So I waited till it was light enough to see and headed down river. Very high but found the bank I wanted and am sitting a short walk in on a creek right now. Good tracks so hopefully something will come by. Brought the 44mag today and I'm glad cuz it's thick!

Attachments

·
DROP TINE BUCK
5,977 Posts
Got a great early start today, made it to the ramp before dawn and realized I forgot my spotlight. So I waited till it was light enough to see and headed down river. Very high but found the bank I wanted and am sitting a short walk in on a creek right now. Good tracks so hopefully something will come by. Brought the 44mag today and I'm glad cuz it's thick!
That's some familiar looking woods! Looks like a great place to catch one slipping, good luck !

·
Registered
9,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How is it that I can walk right into someone's little poaching spot but can't see a buck to save my life. Figured I'd tie this one up so the owner could find his trash next time he's out. Seen a few rubs and that's it. Not even a squirrel moving here.

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
I hunted on santa rosa side of quintette the other day sat on an old slough and heard two small bucks fighting in the thick but theyre holding tight to that thick stuff.

·
Registered
9,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, all dang day. Saw an otter and heard some hogs way off, I think hunting hates me.

·
Super Moderator
28,630 Posts
Well, all dang day. Saw an otter and heard some hogs way off, I think hunting hates me.
You got a late start, I swung by about 0430 and saw you hooked up.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts