Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone can help me, here's the question. I have a houseboat on the Escambia river. It is north of the big log jam that is south of Sandy Landing. I would like to take my houseboat further south around maybe Molino. I do NOT have a trailer that I can put it on. IT is a 15 by 30 houseboat. If the log jam was brokened up, then I would have no problem going straight down the river. Does anyone know who to contact about maybe getting the log jam brokened up? And thank you for any help.:(

·
Wicked Awesome
2,254 Posts
Good luck with that. They have been going back and forth about that issue for years. You have a better chance of your houseboat growing wings and flying itself to molino before anyone breaks the log jamb down. You need to find someone who will trailor it for you. O*D*W

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have tried looking for someone that will move it for me, but can't seem to have any luck . I will pay very good If I could find someone with a big enough trailer, Or if I could just rent a trailer from someone for a day, then my husband could move it for me, Thanks for response, I'll just keep looking, Melissa

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I got in touch with the Florida Corp of Eng. and he was very helpful. He gave me 3 numbers to call. I was told the AL. Corp of Eng handles this part of the river. (Even though its in Fl.) I've left my # and waiting for some calls back. In the meantime, Yea! My smelter and lead bars and 2 molds just came by mail, so I'll be busy making my own weights. I'm tired of spending lots of money on them.:)

·
Registered
623 Posts
I'm not sure ya'll have seen that log jam. It's a sumbuck. Breaking it up might move it a few yards. ( That would take a few sorties ) But that jam is gonna have to be hauled out thru the woods by mechanical means. It would be easier to widen the river and go around it.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
I'm not sure ya'll have seen that log jam. It's a sumbuck. Breaking it up might move it a few yards. ( That would take a few sorties ) But that jam is gonna have to be hauled out thru the woods by mechanical means. It would be easier to widen the river and go around it.
It is UNREAL how big it is. There is/was a house boat stuck in it and the house boat looked like a TINY speck compared to jam!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts