Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Valued Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After all this Flathead talk and not to mention with the prime time catfish season upon us me and my brother decided to try out some of this Fast water flathead fishing. The goal was to find the fastest rip raps on the back side of bends put the baits on the bottom and scope our baits across the bottom where the flatheads would be waiting.

The conditions was perfect, the river was really high and fast. She was up to about 7.5 feet with a 3-4 knot current. We didn't have long to fish since we both had to get up early today, so we ended up fishing until about mid night.

The first bend didn't do any thing for us, but the second rip rap was the key location, we caught 5 fish and lost 3. The biggest fish weighed in at 29.6lbs the other 4 all went under 20lbs and came home with us for some catfish nuggets tonight. But the big fish went back to keep on growing.

With the high waters we have been having fishing the outside of bends in the rip raps has been the ticket the last couple of weeks. These flatheads know bait fish will be coming around that corner and they are just working them bends hard.

A 65lb night of flathead fishing, not to bad for a couple hours on rod n reels

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
well done, 2nd pic looks great, i knew you couldnt hold off till this weekend, smart man.;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts