Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
James (gatortamer) and I are heading to Escambia River this morning with his 4 year old, Haley. Launching out of Beck'sLake Landing. Planning on doing some bass fishing in the morning and working the brim as well. Catfish trot line is ready....this is a first for both of us so hopefully it will produce. We are prepped with five different baits for the 25 hook trot line. We got about 150 wigglers to play with too. Hopefully Haley can catch her first catfish on hook and line and we can load up on some largemouth and brim, shellcracker, anything that'll bite! Gonna be an awesome day! Will post a full report late tonight. God bless all you fine folks that have to work today. :crying

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry for the late report, all went well. As far as the trotline, we had no takers. This was my first time using it and it will be my last time using it. May try bush hooking next trip. Escambia River was up about 5-6 above normal. We did end up with 1 bass, 10-15 bream and shell cracker, one slab of a crappie, and a mystery fish that I have to work on identifying this weekend. Tried thecatfish with hook and line, but no takers. I really need to buy a digital camera! Anyway, James' daughter had a good time and it was a nice day on the water.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts