Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Senior Yakker
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to the water today around 7ish to find it smothered with yaks and boats...1st full house! Second full house was in my cooler by the end of the day! Two nice specks and a trio of fat hybrids. Caught plenty of smaller trout all day, specks and whites. Anybody else do any good?

Fish Fish Oily fish Mackerel Atlantic spanish mackerel

Fish Fish Bass Striper bass Carp

·
Senior Yakker
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spec-tacular! caught a damn fine redfish right off the bat too, BTW. He definitely had the big fish if the day. For some reason, my dad couldn't find anything but white trout and ground mullet...but he had plans for 'em. Now that was a good dinner! Fried sunshine bass and speck, with white trout fish cakes. Ate like kings tonight at dad's house :)

·
Registered
478 Posts
I had a great week fishing around Simpsons but nothing yesterday. Guess I am going to have to break down and try some live shrimp. Sure seems to work for you. Nice catch.

Greg

·
Senior Yakker
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had a great week fishing around Simpsons but nothing yesterday. Guess I am going to have to break down and try some live shrimp. Sure seems to work for you. Nice catch.

Greg
It ain't the shrimp...it's the JuJu ;) I know how to hold my lip.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Think I am getting a little of the Ju, just waiting on the full JuJu. Have had good luck lately with specs and reds, but I need to learn more about hybrids and sheepsheads. Guess I'll just follow your posts until you give up some of the secrets:D

Greg

·
Senior Yakker
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haha. I ain't doing anything special. Don't have any secrets either, I never caught one till last year. I think they're my new favorite fish though. Been waiting for another go at 'em all year. Those hybrids fight like a redfish twice their size.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Ok I think I got it. You don't need to do anything special, and you don't need to know in secrets. All you need is the JuJu. Maybe I can catch some too in the next few weeks;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts