Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Escambia County has issued a <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Request for <U>Letters of Interest (RLI) to purchase waterfront property for boat ramp(s)</U>. <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">They will be opening all the responses in mid-November. <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Perdido</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">Bay</st1:placeType></st1:place> and River are designated as high priority because of the negligible public access to those waterbodies.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">This RLI is for county wide possibilities so if you have or know of a suitable spot for a boat ramp/launch anywhere in the county, please download the PDF file and fill it out and send it in.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Or at least describe where it is exactly so that Escambia County personell can look into the property you suggest. Send via mail or email to:<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><P style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px">Robert K. Turpin, Division Manager
Phone: (850) 595-4395 <P style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px">Fax: (850) 595-3495<P style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><P style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px">or<P style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px">Kevin Briski, Parks Department <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">[email protected]<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"> <P style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">or<P style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Joe Pillitary, Jr., Purchasing Senior Buyer <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><U>joe<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">[email protected]</U><P style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">PDF file of legal advertisement:<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">http://www.co.escambia.fl.us/departments/purchasing/documents/PD06-07_012.pdf<P style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px">http://www.co.escambia.fl.us/departments/purchasing/documents/PD06-07_012.pdf<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">

·
Registered
782 Posts
RE: Escambia County is looking for boat launch lands, know of any to suggest or offer?

this has been the problem from day one. there is no available land that would be large enough to put in parking lots and so forth. maybe bayou marcus area. the tree huggers will not sell at all.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
RE: Escambia County is looking for boat launch lands, know of any to suggest or offer?

Talked to a Person who KNOWS and its the same word we heard years ago. The land it to expensive! Well what do they think the land will cost 20 years from now? Take Gulf Front 30 years ago. Think it was high then ; Look at it now.:banghead

·
Registered
782 Posts

i bet they aren't gonna do sh!t!! you guys started to stir the crap a little so, they used the same excuse they have used for the past 20 years. "we can't find any land" they can say they tried for us..... so sorry!!! but, if you can find it and throw it in their face, you might stand a chance. then you will go before the folks that have to find the money to fund the project, then the next phaze of bull-sh!t will start.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

This RLI is county wide, not just Perdido Bay and Perdido River.

And yes, it could be nothing more than a B.S. smokescreen excercise to show the voters "well we tried" so we will get off their back.

But maybe not, poopoo it if you want but at the same time what does it hurt to be optomistic too?

·
Registered
2,423 Posts

The best place I can think of for a boat ramp is Ft. Pickens!!! That wont happen tho but man wouldnt that be sweet.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts

sniper (10/26/2007)The best place I can think of for a boat ramp is Ft. Pickens!!! That wont happen tho but man wouldnt that be sweet.
I'm all for that! :clap

How about a ramp at the entrance of Ft. Pickens. There used to be a small ramp there but it got filled in. The parking is already there. Sure would ease the traffic at Shoreline. Hell the increased tolls would help pay for it.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

whipper snapper (10/26/2007)i bet they aren't gonna do sh!t!! you guys started to stir the crap a little so, they used the same excuse they have used for the past 20 years. "we can't find any land" they can say they tried for us..... so sorry!!! but, if you can find it and throw it in their face, you might stand a chance. then you will go before the folks that have to find the money to fund the project, then the next phaze of bull-sh!t will start.
We started to stir the crap a littl when midnight runner posted last week. Unless your talking about months or years ago.

The current RLI and talk and push by Marine Resources and the BOCC has been discussed at virtually every BOCC meeting since June or July.

I haven't been around these parts very long but it seems to appear they aredoing more to get more boat ramps in the past 6 months then they have in the past 7 years.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

FishinFool (10/26/2007)
sniper (10/26/2007)The best place I can think of for a boat ramp is Ft. Pickens!!! That wont happen tho but man wouldnt that be sweet.
I'm all for that! :clap

How about a ramp at the entrance of Ft. Pickens. There used to be a small ramp there but it got filled in. The parking is already there. Sure would ease the traffic at Shoreline. Hell the increased tolls would help pay for it.
Sure would be cheaper to maintain a channel out to deeper water than to buy private waterfront elsewhere. The county also controls 300+acres on the east side of Portofino, maybe trade some of that for more space at the existing ramp at Ft. Pickens Gate ramp. Since both parcels are adjacent to GINS properties.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts

Fort Pickens would be a good place for a Park and Marina. St. Andrews in PC has a really nice ramp, and is very close to the pass.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts

How about the maritime park land... that would make a fabulous boat launch and parking...:usaflag

·
Registered
782 Posts

johnsonbeachbum (10/26/2007)
whipper snapper (10/26/2007)i bet they aren't gonna do sh!t!! you guys started to stir the crap a little so, they used the same excuse they have used for the past 20 years. "we can't find any land" they can say they tried for us..... so sorry!!! but, if you can find it and throw it in their face, you might stand a chance. then you will go before the folks that have to find the money to fund the project, then the next phaze of bull-sh!t will start.
We started to stir the crap a littl when midnight runner posted last week. Unless your talking about months or years ago.

The current RLI and talk and push by Marine Resources and the BOCC has been discussed at virtually every BOCC meeting since June or July.

I haven't been around these parts very long but it seems to appear they aredoing more to get more boat ramps in the past 6 months then they have in the past 7 years.
lets see what happens. i'm on your side. i just know how our local pollitics works. escambia will get a ramp but, it probably won't be upper perdido bay though. also i was talking about when midnight runner posted his post on hurst hammock. the fight actually was started about 3 years ago when all the fresh water people were wanting a public ramp on perdido, so they wouldn't have to deal with rubys little ramp full of drunks. i went to many a meeting and finally got tired of hearing the same old "we just do not have the land to put one" this was long before any purchase by nwfwm or nature conservancy. back then it was paper company land. they still could not obtain.

wait a minute i know how you can get this done - raise millions of dollars to pay off local escambia and state officials and its done.:letsdrink problem solved:poke

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

wait a minute i know how you can get this done - raise millions of dollars to pay off local escambia and state officials and its done.
problem solved
"

That or have a referendum to voteand bond issuefor a "public marina" with some certain individual as the sole lease holder over it all and call it a Maritime Marina for the Public.

:doh:poke

·
Registered
2,711 Posts

I dont care what people say, if its near the pass, people would use it all year. Why cant they seem to grasp that ??? How many people haveboats around here ?? Does Panama City or Orange beach have this problem ?? Nope, dont think so. When are we going to get rid of the "Good Ole Boy Network" ??

Scott

·
Registered
2,423 Posts

The "good Ol' boy network" will be here as long as there is a government. Can they give a good reason NOT to use Ft. Pickens?

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

The nearest possible to Ft. Pickens boat ramp would be there at Chicken Bone Beach (Ft. Pickens Gate Park). Which is about 7 miles from the pass.

Another possibility could be immediately south of the back gate into NAS Pensacola. Which would be what, 2 miles to the pas or less? Right up against the west perimeter fence of the base. The roadway path to the water is already cleared and you could then drive to the water without going thru the security gate. It would be an extremely easy boat launch facility to create. First obstacle would be to get the NAVY to sit down and talk about it. Even if the county payed for everything, it would total out cheaper than any waterfront property purchase of raw land.

·
Registered
171 Posts

I suggest you ask why they need this much land and why it cant be shared.<DIV class=text2 style="MARGIN-TOP: 8px">The Betty and Crawford Rainwater Perdido River Nature Preserve is a 2,331-acre sanctuary along the Perdido River in Escambia County that protects numerous rare plants, including white-top pitcher plants. A generous gift from the BCR Foundation created the preserve as a memorial to its founders Betty and Crawford Rainwater.</DIV><DIV class=text2 style="MARGIN-TOP: 8px">I can understand them wanting to save some land yes but this is just not fair. All it would take to put in a nice boat ramp is 5 acres. Maybe a lil more why cant escambia county work out a deal with them . After all the grants they use to get this land comes from state and county funds. Surely they could share some of the over 2000 acres they have.</DIV><DIV class=text2 style="MARGIN-TOP: 8px">If they can get grants to buy this land and keep us off of it surely we can get grants to buy land to keep them from purchasing it all up. If BOCC would put in forgrants or money to help with land purchasing boat use facilities it would really help. Maybe have a drive to get everyone on board to get intouch with the one who holds the purse strings in Tall and ask where is out grant money?</DIV><DIV class=text2 style="MARGIN-TOP: 8px">Grant money should be for all not just a chosen few right?</DIV>

·
Registered
513 Posts

The Port of Pensacola has ample room. I have contacted the City Officials and at first heard the same old it ain't gonna happen. Well why the hell not? The tank area is out of lease and in five years the aggregate area comes out of lease. All on the East bank of the Port. Move the rip rap across the channell for a break water and make the entire bank one long ramp.Have it the required distance from Seville and from theSE corner and you have the largest boat launch on the Gulf. Sell yearly passes until its paid for then go to one dollar a launch.

Have plenty of signage dictating that if you don't follow posted rulesand common courtesies your pass is revoked for good. This is a project that needs to be planned forfive years out. Once thosenumbnuts get to developing that land you'll never see it happen. If its done and doesn't work then the areas not out much money and you have a nice clean flat pieceof ground they can sell or lease or whatever.

You will hear me speak of this alot more. I hope some can make themselves heard. SHB

·
Registered
251 Posts

johnsonbeachbum- the links to Kevin and Joe do not work..You other guys need to look at sending your ideas instead of just sharing them on the forum. Maybe if they got a couple of hundred responses, they just might do something with some of the ideas. E-mail is a lot easier than actually going to a Board meeting.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

frydaddy.......

Those are email addy's not website links. Your default email account should come up in "compose" mode when you click on them. It should put the address into the send to line for you.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts