Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time duck hunting in Florida, I have experience duck hunting. Was wondering if Blackwater or Escambia river is better for hunting ducks? I've been told the wood ducks are more populated in Blackwater. Anything could help thanks.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,599 Posts
Reactions: JoeZ

·
Registered
9,926 Posts
i seem to scare up a few ducks any time i run up escambia. what they are, i have no idea. i can't shoot a hand-tossed milk jug out of the air so I don't bother.

·
Registered
14,739 Posts
i seem to scare up a few ducks any time i run up escambia. what they are, i have no idea. i can't shoot a hand-tossed milk jug out of the air so I don't bother.
Same here. Seems I've heard Blackwater bay south of the interstate bridge around the mouth of yellow river is a good area

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Plenty wood ducks on escambia river,need a boat,hunt mouth of yellow or upper bays or ICW for multpul kind of duck.I like woodies and teal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
765 Posts
Great idea, you're a genius.
I mean, I'm not asking where to find ducks on the internet, so maybe...

I'll clue you in. Go to the "worst boat ramp in Northwest Florida", the place that hates the kayakers. Make 2 lefts and 3 rights. You'll know you're there when you see half a dozen boats with Duck Commander stickers. Set up no more than 50' away from one of them and blast away!!

PS. The woodies are thick this year!

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts