Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to try the north end again this weekend in hopes of more of a mixed bag that included some redfish. Put in at Archie Glover at 6:30, which is early for me. I got there a bit earlier than my fishing partner for the day so I hit a few spots in the bayou in hopes of a good start. Fish? No problem except they were lady fish. Fun to feel the pull but I couldn't get to any other fish if they were to be had or not. I even put the mirror in down and threw soft plastics on jig heads bouncing the bottom but couldn't escape the ladies grasp. My fishing partner shows up at the scheduled time, he's new to the sport and first time at Mulat, and we s5 art towards the bay. I give him the run down on the area and what my plan is and start to feel a little pressure to find and catch fish. There are schools of bait but they are quiet and there are no disturbances to be found. As we start into the bay we can really feel the breeze. We got to the bridge to start working around pilings and the point but the wind was making 85 a pain and I felt like it was messing up the presentation so I decided to head back to the bayou. To shorten the story, I found an area that had trout but they were 12 to 14 inch. After half a dozen or so of those and a dying wind we headed back to the bay. On a side note, this is the second time lately I have gone with someone else and used the same Mirrodine. Even though the fish weren't much to speak of, apparently the subtle differences of how the are fished meant the difference between catching or not. The guy I fished with has the right attitude and will figure it out but to use his words, "I'm glad you caught fish or I would have thought there was none hear." Well, to wrap things up, we fished until noon all the way around the outside of the bayou and inside with only a couple of keeper size trout and two hard pulling sail cats added on. I busted but trying to find some decent fish. Worked ledges, holes, points, structure etc. I bounced the bottom and drug grass edges but couldn't get it to happen. I think south is better than north still but going to try some other spots.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts