Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dabutcher and I left out of Archie Glover at 5:45am.The first spot we stopped at looked very fishy and we did manage a few very good size specks and one undersize redfish on spooks.Overall though it was kind of a let down.We moved to a couple different spots and didn't find any mullet or gamefish either.We headed further south and started getting poured on.Got the boat set up for a drift and started catching a few good specks,while getting soaked.We drifted down about another 100 ft. and found a very large school of 17''-22'' specks.We started landing big healthy specks on just about every cast on a mirrodine 17mr.Once the rain stopped and the sun came out,the bite dryed up as well.We went back to where we started and dabutcher caught another undersize redfish.Final tally 2 undersize reds and 30+ specks rangeing from 15''-22'' but most were larger than 17''.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
29,108 Posts
Way ta get a bunch of em.....Nice job!

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I wish Auburn had played as well as the specks bit this morning. Many quality specks . The fish were really fat and healthy and it was a lot of fun to break in the Exo/Carrot Stix combo. I will add to Alex's report that most of the fish were caught in about 3-5 fee of water.

·
Registered
472 Posts
great fish. I wish AU would have done better... Its like they did not even show up to the second half.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts