Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys Just wanted to get a little closer to home I hunt in Roberts Alabama close to Brewton. I hunted from Friday to Monday saw Plenty of does And some Bucks But did Not see them in hot pooh-nanny. I am a Novice hunter at most. I just want to get a grasp on this rut thing (as do we all) So any info on this area will help!!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hey Marc...I am hunting Public land to the east of Brewton down 29 about 30 miles or so...we have not seen any active chasing as of last weekend. The big bodied 7 I killed had a very swollen neck, black and stinkin' tarsals and looked ready to go. I saw several racked bucks killed but none were chasing, so must be the "cruising" phase...I am thinking any day now, so try and be in the woods as much as you can between now and the end...I am hoping after this next front passes Wed-Thursall heck will bust loose...good luck!!

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Marc from what I have seen in the past deer tend to shy away from aGaytordouche. Go hunt my ladder stand and kill that big 8 point. There is also a basket six there I have seen twice in the morning. Gaytors suck and your coach hates Gainesville! My lockon across the dirt road from your stand should be a very nice place to hunt right now and it has only been hunted once this year 2 months ago.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Sorry deer don't rut near douche bag gaytors. Lee is hunting near 26 and your stand. I will walk you back there Saturday.The lock onis very hard to find.

·
Registered
16 Posts
COOKIE ,

Is this the same Cook who shot down the pine tree with 4 44 in high school ? Just checking...

:moon:moon:moon

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I have news... They are clear cutting your honey hole right now. I'm not kidding. Sorry bro. Feel free to hunt anything I have. I will be up tomorrow to drink a few with you.

·
Registered
8,374 Posts
I hunt just south of Brewton and haven't seen any activity so far this year. I'm seeing more and more rubs and scrapes but no chasing going on that I've seen. Not as of last weekend anyway. Maybe this weekend will be better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts