Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Paid Member
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As it usually is with me, I made the last minute decision to get my boat out for alittle while and see if I could still do alittle chunk and wind. I started alittle late, launching from Archie Glover around 9:30 with the wind out of the southeast and not much tide movement...I was able to slime the boat up good with alot of undersized specks. I caught the majority by bouncing and swimming grubs on the bottom in about 7 to 8 ft. of water. I switched locations a couple times (needing to run the motor) and around 12:00 I started working an area with a Jr. Spook. The water was 68 degrees, 3 to 4 ft. deep and the sky was extremely overcast so why not...? The results were immediate with me losing my first 2 fish (one wrapped around structure and another was a bad hook set) before finally getting my act together on numero tres. Nothing like getting back in the swing of things with alittle top water action. This lasted about an hour and I had 2 in the livewell, a 19" and 20". I finished my trip off with a few more juvees then loaded the boat.
It was nice to be back on the water, especially in an area I haven't fished in probably 15 or 20 years. Dang was I glad to see they finally paved the road going in there!!!

Till next time

·
Paid Member
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope you are feverishly working on a plan for Friday and not just goofing off on this website!!

B Ball 5:15.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts