Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scouted this area last weekend. So hard to pick a tree since it all looks so pretty. Almost shot a hog last weekend but wasn't sure the .17 would do the trick with the shot she was giving me. Hope the winter stays relatively dry cuz it sure is nice being able to move around in here.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, that's a wrap, just had two squirrel hunters walk by not 20 yards from me

·
Registered
72 Posts
Dang that stinks. I was about to comment how beautiful that spot looks. I’ll be hitting Escambia up next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have no idea where they came from, i didnt pass any other boats and they walked from east of me which is further into the woods than I am. I'm gonna sit a while since I woke up early and dragged myself out here.

·
Registered
10,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They had to have come from a bend or two up river and walked down to me. I was a literal half mile in here last weekend and saw zero people sign that far in.

·
Registered
10,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just my luck I guess. Heard some crashing off in the distance and said to myself, that's big enough to be s dude. Wrong, it was two dudes lol. Looked like 18-20yo, haven't heard nothing since.

·
Registered
14,936 Posts
Biggest deer I killed in Escambia was in the middle of about 10 guys squirrel hunting who were mostly just walking around laughing and talking. Never forget that morning, mainly because the muzzleloader shot burning powder out the nipple and set my coveralls on fire. By the time I hopped and danced to my trophy(unaware of the fire on my shoulder) it had spread to my hair, ear, and cap! Undoubtably fanned by the dancing and hopping!! I was so happy as I bent over him but had a feeling something was wrong! Lol. So worth it!!!

·
Registered
7,484 Posts
Biggest deer I killed in Escambia was in the middle of about 10 guys squirrel hunting who were mostly just walking around laughing and talking. Never forget that morning, mainly because the muzzleloader shot burning powder out the nipple and set my coveralls on fire. By the time I hopped and danced to my trophy(unaware of the fire on my shoulder) it had spread to my hair, ear, and cap! Undoubtably fanned by the dancing and hopping!! I was so happy as I bent over him but had a feeling something was wrong! Lol. So worth it!!!
You haven't grown a mullet since then.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Seems like everybody has a walked in on hunting success story...I pretty much have the other kind of stories lol

·
Hunter
1,082 Posts
Headed to Blackwater this afternoon.

·
Hunter
1,082 Posts
Little wind goin on, perfect. In the tree.

·
Hunter
1,082 Posts
Dang it got quiet. Getting prime time

·
Hunter
1,082 Posts
I was covered up the last 30 minutes. Seen 7. No shot, they came out behind me.

Reactions: sureicanfish

·
Registered
10,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I ended up scouting my way out and had a stare down with a doe. I cant wait to sit this area with a rifle.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts