Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was new on 3/21/06. The last time i was out it ran real bad and last a lot of power and sounded bad. Took it in for the 100 service and told the about the issues. Turns out some gears have sheared off and metal thruout the engine....not good. Anyway just heard today that Yammy is replacing the engine under warranty. has anyone had anything like this happen and if so, you got any recomondations. I am a little shell shocked, but happy to get a new engine, i think.

·
Registered
5,908 Posts
I dont want to sound like a downer.. But I think it's happened a few times, but everyone has been pleased with the things yammay has done for them.... They make so many and things happen...

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
every so often every manufacturer will have an oddball engine. (some more than others) there will be issues with the newest poduct. it so happens you got one of those engines. the main thing is how the manufacturer takes care of it. so yes there are those engines that do haveodd things happen. i'm glad you're getting a new powerhead.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,547 Posts
I don't care what you buy. It is only as good as the service after the sale. The main point here is Yamaha is taking care of it. The knuckle head that posted get a honda hopefully doesn,t believe that honda doesn't have problems from time to time. My buddy had a honda 130 or 140 I'm not sure which. he had problems and it was taken care of. EVERYTHING MADE WITH HUMAN HANDS CAN FAIL YOU.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was a F150, Yamaha stepped up and put a new engine and a bunch of other stuff, without even one phone call. I have to say, i am pretty happy. Should be taking her out and re-breaking in the engine (the only thing that has been a pain in the ass). Other tan having to do the break-in & 10-20 hour service. Life is great!

Any one got an idea on what will be the fish boated with the new engine?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts