Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I named the video Battle with shark, but Larry called me out and said it was more like an Encounter. Went out Saturday for snapper, but the vis was terrible on the bottom...60-90ft. Toner dove this spot before me. He shot a nice snapper but his tip broke. I found it, with the tip still sticking out of its side, in the coop on my dive...I screwed up and tried to get him with my lionfish spear and he got away. After the apprehensiveness wore off of the shark sighting, my logic was that he was off chasing Toner's injured fish...that logic was incorrect. Bump up to 1080P for best viewing...enjoy.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
I asked this before. Don't they make a blunt tip that would deff let the shark know to stay away? If they got stung by a few divers it might just learn to stay away.

·
Registered
13,337 Posts
Vis was so bad on Wednesday we decided to not even bother this weeke. Where we were we had maybe 6-10' on the bottom.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I named the video Battle with shark, but Larry called me out and said it was more like an Encounter
Haha! Nice vid as usual. Those were some nice looking snapper. Did you get a weight on any of them?

·
Registered
270 Posts
I asked this before. Don't they make a blunt tip that would deff let the shark know to stay away? If they got stung by a few divers it might just learn to stay away.
Can drill a hole in a golf ball and slip it over your tip. I kept one on me for a while to try but never had to use it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts