Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several vessels with red flashing lights working the sound now. Emergency vehicles at Portofino complex and across sound at boat ramp. Anyone know what's happening?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
We are out here with our vessels & divers assisting the Coasties & the FWC.... No details able to be given at this time... I'm sure proper authorities will report details when available. Godspeed and be safe on the water...

·
Registered
633 Posts
As was stated earlier we are still assisting, No more information can be provided at this time. Always be careful on the water and be safe!

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
If it's for the same person they said the boat stalled and he went under to see what was wrong and never resurfaced

Sent from my S4 using Forum Runner

·
Registered
701 Posts
Wouldnt a man in the water be a Mayday and not a pan pan? The first minute it might be a pan pan but any longer it should be a Mayday??

·
Registered
570 Posts
Wouldnt a man in the water be a Mayday and not a pan pan? The first minute it might be a pan pan but any longer it should be a Mayday??
A Pan Pan precedes an "urgent" message. A "Mayday" is a distress call. They are similar but different. The CG broadcasted pan pan preceding their UMIB(urgent marine information broadcast). Basically, pan pan means listen up, we have something important to say. Whereas, a mayday would normally be transmitted by the distressed vessel or aircraft.

·
Registered
701 Posts
A Pan Pan precedes an "urgent" message. A "Mayday" is a distress call. They are similar but different. The CG broadcasted pan pan preceding their UMIB(urgent marine information broadcast). Basically, pan pan means listen up, we have something important to say. Whereas, a mayday would normally be transmitted by the distressed vessel or aircraft.
After reading that it makes perfect sense. I dont know what I was thinking. :001_huh:

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
1 - 20 of 61 Posts