Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Terrible Fisherman
384 Posts
Sounds good. Any suggestions or preference on where to go?
Well I really dont know. Id edit your initial post asking for ideas on where to launch from that will yield fun fishing. I am not the best fisherman and not seasoned enough to make any real suggestions. But that being said I like to fish the Destin Harbor the bridge and coast guard station area. I know I hear a ton of people fish that area. Ive been fishing that area lately and it seems to be very hit and miss.

·
The Yakerman
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like a good time to get out and meet some new fishing buddies
That's the goal. And have some fun of course.

Well I really dont know. Id edit your initial post asking for ideas on where to launch from that will yield fun fishing. I am not the best fisherman and not seasoned enough to make any real suggestions. But that being said I like to fish the Destin Harbor the bridge and coast guard station area. I know I hear a ton of people fish that area. Ive been fishing that area lately and it seems to be very hit and miss.
I heard that some monster reds are being caught near the Jetties in Destin. The Eglin Flats are always productive too, but Base access is a must. Not sure who all has that. Cinco Bayou was good a few weeks ago too. Just depends where everyone wants to go. Guess we need to find out who all wants to go then we'll decide on where to go. The goal is to meet new people and have fun. As always we'll use the KISS method.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm planning on heading out to the Eglin grass flats by launching from the Eglin yacht club (requires base access) around 7am but am willing to change up the location if anyone wants to meet up that doesn't have access.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Didn't see this thread in time for the 16th, but wondering how many of you made it?

Also, where can you launch a kayak near Dana Pointe?

I fish White Point area quite a bit, usually on TUE and/or WED. Never gone out with anyone else but feel free to shoot me a PM if your fishing in Niceville/Destin area and want some company.

·
The Yakerman
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I couldn't make it, unexpected emergency. This Friday I am planning to fish around Eglin and/or Dana Pointe. I've never seen the boat launch off Pin Oak. That would be a perfect place to launch from.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts