Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So does anyone know or heard of elk being put here on Eglin reservation? A friend of mine posted a picture of his dad killing a elk of off Hwy87.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I don't think so, but you know there are alot of Hwy 87's across the country. Besides if there were some type of restocking program which i'm pretty sure there's not ith would be a long long time before it would actually be legal to hunt them.

·
Registered
14,927 Posts
Almost had a wreck one time S. of Jay when I looked across a pasture and spotted a HUGE bull elk feeding next to a pond..... Had no idea where I was for a couple of seconds - then realized it was Wells ranch, never forget that! Maybe one got out and migrated South?...nawww

·
Your mom's a
6,788 Posts
Saw a good herd yesterday across a flat and up on the next ridge in an open saddle. Tracked a bull and got within 50 yards earlier that day.

Then again, I'm in Montana so ...

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Haha Joey and my brother really had people going with that picture on facebook. It was just a sarcasm thing and everyone thought it was serious of course because its on the internet its gotta be true. But on a serious note Joeys dad and two others shot 3 elk in Wiscosin last week on a management hunt. Needless to say the guide made a huge mistake and let them shoot a huge 9x7 that cost the guide $6000 in his loss.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Working Mr. Ron.

I'm on the Millie Fire near Bozeman.

Saw the herd when our heavy helo came over the saddle and spooked them out. Found some fresh tracks and followed them when I was heading to a different ridge and just happened to luck up and bump him.
Thats Awesome! Get to work and enjoy some different outdoors. Be careful,and come back safe. OH- and it's Montana-type--O

1 - 13 of 13 Posts