Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Things I need to know before I go. How nice is the lodging where y’all stay at night? Good meals, king size beds, hot showers etc.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is the truck ride to bumpy, does the a/c work in the truck?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
Not sure who it was, but someone mentioned a recommended portal charger during the seminar. I need something to recharge my cell phone, watch and hearing aides... I can do without the hearing aides but would like to be able to take pictures with my phone. Thanks

This is what I really like and there on sale...

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Since there is typically no cell service unless we head into town, I just keep mine in airplane mode. A single charge with a few quick bumps when we are at the truck will usually last me the entire trip.

This will be our 16th year of DIY elk camp. I wish I had come to the seminar, I could have shared some of the knowledge I have gained over the years.

For instance:
  • "Hypoxia and You - Oxygen, is it really that important?"
  • "Snow - where did the trail go?"
  • "How to Properly Quarter an Elk Using Only a 3-Inch Old-Timer Pocket Knife - the importance of checking your gear before leaving camp (part 1)."
  • "Hunting Strategies When You Only Have a Single Cartridge - the importance of checking your gear before leaving camp (part 2)."
  • ".....the importance of checking your gear before leaving camp" (this would be a separate seminar)
  • "Where Did This Canyon Come From?! - situational awareness and basic map reading skills."
  • "This Thing Sure Didn't Look That Heavy From 200 Yards - altitude, terrain, and dead weight."
  • "Sorry About What I Said To You Back There - team building while retrieving wild game through dead falls and rocky terrain."
And so forth....;)

·
Registered
12,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
playi’N, you have most definitely been on an elk hunt based on your seminar topics!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts