Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the options for power if you have no plugs. The batteries made for these reels are expensive.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
A electric plug is not hard at all to install and is the way to go you can go as cheap as a duplex receptacle in a t-11 single gang box with SO cord and a male cord cap on your reel leed you can even make it detachable just remember to have a overcurrent protection like a fuse or breaker to save the reel in case of a problem ,if you want you can do all this for under 20$ or you can go all out have somebody do it for you get the coppertinned wire twistlock plug with cord cap and it will cost you around 200-300$.

TIM

·
Registered
912 Posts
We recommend the Daiwa TB1000 and they also make a two speed version and we have both in stock right now. They will be hard to get until March. I am told by my rep that we will not get any more until the end of February or the first of March. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
just remember to have a overcurrent protection

The TB 1000 has a built in thremo breaker.

Ever seen a battery like this? :) No attachment to the boat. All self contained. It's not $400 like Diawa wants either. It is a 8ah battery and will run the reel all day long.

Still they are not cheap for the custom battery and the charger.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Unless your handicapped and need an electric to fish with. recommend you wait it out a couple of months to see what our government is going to do with the grouper fishery in the gulf before you lay out $$$. case in point is the recent government closure on the east coast for grouper etc from 240 feet deep to 200 miles out.

my 2 cents.

Mark W

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
Send me a direct email and I will put you in touch with the guy that builds them here in town.

He will build the battery and supply the charger for it.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
X-shark that is pretty neat, i would love to know the guys who makes them, i'm just scared of the battery going out mid column and having to crank that extremly slow reel up manualy.

TIM

1 - 11 of 11 Posts